BROKEN HEARTS

Still remember the PROLOGUE? 😊

***********

CHAPTER 16

(CONTINUATION)

I wasn't able to stop Rhian from running off as I could barely move my every muscle. Jason was standing from a distance and my bestfriend almost bumped into him.

"Rhian!" He called.

"Jason!" I yelled, which made him stop dead on his tracks.

"Sundan mo siya, pero please... wag na wag mo siyang lalapitan. She's already scared enough." I added while my sobs continued.

"What did you do to her, Glaiza? Wag mo akong pagsabihan, dahil ikaw ang may kagagawan nito." Sumbat niya sakin.

"Alam ko un, Jason! Pero kilala ko siya. I know why she's damn terrified of me now. Kaya nakikiusap ako sayo. Wag mo siyang lalapitan. Just make sure she's safe. Please." I begged as my voice was turning weaker and more helpless after every sentence.

Everyone else was staring at me, not having any idea as to why I asked him that. Not wanting to explain any further, I let Jason leave and follow Rhian.

I bended my back and held on to my knees for support because I was damn exhausted. A crucial pain was invading my system. I no longer cared if the group saw how fragile I could become.

Without any other emotions being felt, without any other person in my mind... I faced the crying woman in Bianca's arms to try and fix the problem at hand.

"Solenn..." I softly called as I stepped closer to her.

"Don't, Glaiza. Just don't. Ihahatid nalang namin siya pauwi." Bianca volunteered.

"Wait lang. Hayaan mo muna akong humingi ng tawad sa kanya. Please." I begged before they could even start walking.

"The damage has been done. Wala nang magagawa yang sorry mo." Bianca bitterly denied my request.

"Alam ko. But please, just let me talk to her." I asked with every pleading tone I could offer.

Bianca stayed silent, as well as the rest, which signaled for me to continue. I tried to catch Solenn's gaze. And when I did... I saw how scared she was. That broken my heart instantly.

"Solenn, I'm sorry. I know it wouldn't change anything, and I'm not asking you to forgive me. What I did is unforgivable. But I-I..." I trailed off when she stood straight to face me.

Her cheeks were damped with tears, her eyes were swollen, and her jaw had a bruise that was starting to form... which all crushed my heart even more. I instinctively covered my mouth as I couldn't contain my cries. Her look making me even more guilty than I already was.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Solenn. Maniwala ka, hindi ko sinasadya. But I just... I-I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry."

Those were the only words I could utter because my mind couldn't process what I needed to say. And I knew there will never be words to apologize enough to her. Nothing could ever make things even a bit right.

Solenn kept her eyes on me, still having that hurt painted on her goddess face. I wanted to gently hold her as if I could take away the nightmare I planted.