EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

*THE NEXT DAY*

I was awakened by Rhian's arm wrapping my waist tighter and pulling my body closer to her. She made a sound, signalling that she was already awake as well, but had her eyes still closed. I rubbed one of my own pair with the back of my hand and then gently kissed her forehead.

"Morning, baby." Rhian murmured as she hid her face on my neck.

"Good morning din, mahal ko." I greeted back before repeatedly kissed her cheek.

Then after a moment, I smelled a good aroma of breakfast food from outside the room. When I listened carefully, I heard that someone was cooking in the kitchen.

"Your mom probably missed cooking for her kids." Rhian commented with a smile on her face when she pulled back a bit.

It also put one on mine because I didn't realize that I missed it as well until now. I was so used to being the one who wakes up earliest to cook.

"I guess, may kaagaw na ako ngayon sa kitchen." I joked, which made us both laugh lightly.

"It's fine though. Cause that means I'd get more solo morning time with you." I added as I started kissing her lips.

At first, they were only light kisses. Until Rhian went on top of me and fully owned my lips. They turned deep yet still slow and gentle. It was probably too early to feel the heat rushing down my spine, but my hands already betrayed me when they went underneath her shirt to touch her bare back.

"Take a shower with me again?" She offered, but not giving me the chance to answer as she claimed my mouth again.

We no longer stopped even until we stood up from the bed and walked our way to the bathroom. Yet we still kept it with only hungry kisses and touches like last night.

...

It was a change having my mom join us for breakfast, but anything else remained the same. Just like how Rhian and I share plate and coffee. Old habits die hard.

"Ang cute niyo. Ganyan talaga kayo?" My mom chuckled, referring to how I wasn't eating on my own and Rhian just feeding me.

"Haynaku, Ma. Kung alam mo lang. Hindi na kayang mabuhay ni Ate na wala si Ate Rhian." My sister after swallowing her food.

"Oyy, grabe ka!" I playfully argued.

"Bakit, hindi ba totoo?" Gale threw back.

"Wala naman akong sinabing hindi totoo ah. Ang sabi ko lang, grabe ka." I pouted, which made all of them laugh.

We had a fun breakfast full of stories that my mom wanted to catch up on. The time wasn't even enough since Gale already had to go to work. We dropped her off, and then Rhian and I went with my mom to pick up her clothes from the hotel. Good thing her husband wasn't there.

After getting her stuff, we went to buy groceries and my mom's other necessities since she'd be staying with us for a while. It was my partner's idea, and I also thought it was a good one because there were so many years that we had to make up for. I missed having my mom in my life.