ARGUMENT (F)

CHAPTER 10

Chynna drove us back to Rhian's house since we didn't bring any car. I was sitting at the back seat while still tightly holding my bestfriend. She kept trembling as she didn't remove her arms around my shoulders.

"It's okay, best. Nandito ako. No one's gonna hurt you." I whispered for only her to hear.

I held the back of her head and showered her temple with gentle yet firm assuring kisses. Alam kong nagtataka ang mga kasama namin sa sasakyan kung bakit biglang nagkaganito si Rhian. But I didn't bother explaining anymore. All I focused on was making my bestfriend calm down.

Rhian never said anything the entire drive to their house. When we arrived, she forced herself to pull back a bit so that we could get off the car. Yet she kept her hold on my waist. As soon as we were in a stable standing position on the ground, Rhian hastily returned to her position in my arms.

"Tsong, kailangan niyo ba ng tulong or anything?" Tanong ni Chynna pagkababa niya rin ng kotse.

"We're good, Chyns. Salamat. Kaya ko na si Rhian. Tawagan nalang kita kapag okay na lahat. Pasensya narin sa abala." I stated, looking defeated.

"Sure?" She asked again, and I only nodded.

They waited for the small gate to open before trailing off. Si Tita Clara ang nagbukas nito, at agad siyang nataranta sa nakita.

"Glaiza, what happened?!"

"Tita, I'm sorry. Things happened so fast. Di ko po naawat kagad." I sincerely apologized as I was still hugging the younger woman.

"Please tell me at least that you're both okay. Nasaktan ba kayo?" The older woman worriedly asked as she held her daughter's back then my cheek.

"We're okay, Tita. I'm really sorry. We'll just tell you everything tomorrow. Kailangan lang po munang magpahinga ni Rhian." My face painted with pure apology.

I knew Tita Clara wanted to know what exactly happened, but I was thankful that she didn't force us to talk. She also let us do the pacing as she just stood and waited for me to convince Rhian to head upstairs.

"Yoyon ko." I whispered with a soft tone which I only use with her.

My thumb slowly caressed her nape. It took a few seconds before she pulled back and looked at me. I was glad when her face showed nothing but calmness.

"You will stay the night, right?" She timidly asked.

"Of course."

We said our goodnight's to Tita Clara, and then walked our way up to Rhian's room. Nakaakbay ako sa kanya habang nakabalot ang isa niyang braso sa likod ko.

When we entered her room, I quickly guided her to sit on the edge of her bed. Then I knelt down between her legs and placed my hands near her sides.

"Okay ka lang?" I gently asked as I tried to catch her eyes.

She just nodded weakly, which urged me to kiss her forehead. I almost pulled back at once because my lips felt how hot her skin was.

Was my mind preoccupied THAT much, that I didn't notice she was burning up?