LOVE GAME (F)

REMINDER: A chapter title with an (F) is a flashback.

Oh, and for this one... konting warning lang po sa language. ✌

***********

CHAPTER 9

*THIRD YEAR COLLEGE*

It was already the middle of the academic year, and I was actually a bit surprised that my family still haven't had to move out again. Like I said, every 2 or 3 years kaming napipilitan na lumipat ng tinitirhan. Though I was really thankful because it only meant that I'd still get to stick with Rhian -- my bestfriend.

Over the years, we have built our friendship into a much closer bond. To the point na feeling ko, pilay na ako kapag hindi ko siya kasama. Somehow, I kept hoping that my family would never have to leave. Because I knew from the start that it'll be hard for me.

It was already almost 2 years since her last panic attack. Ngayon, nakakaya niya naring mag-isa. May mga times lang na hindi siya nakakatagal kapag may kasama kaming mga lalaki. Yet I no longer need to help her calm down or anything. She knew how to control her attacks.

Magkasama kami ngayon ni Rhian sa bahay nila. Inihatid ko lang ito after ng klase namin, but I didn't intend to stay too long.

"Best, are you sure that you don't wanna come with us?" I asked as we dropped our school bags on her bed.

It was already the start of our sembreak, kaya nagkaayaan ang buong barkada sa isang club ngayon.

"I'm sure, best. Medyo masama rin kasi pakiramdam ko eh." Rhian weakly said while slowly sitting at one corner of her bed.

"Uminom ka na ba ng gamot? Do you want me to just stay here with you?" I worriedly asked. I checked her temperature with the back of my hand and found out that she was burning a bit.

"No, best. I'll be fine. Kailangan ko lang magpahinga. You should go. Baka hinihintay ka narin ng boyfriend mong tuko dun." Asar niya sakin.

Yes, you've read right. I'm currently in a relationship with a guy named Benjamin. Benj, for short. We just started dating like a week ago, and obviously... Rhian never really approved. Even before he decided to court me. She said that there was something sketchy about him. Hindi ko nalang pinalalaki ung issue dahil ayokong pag-awayan pa namin un.

"Selos ka na nyan? May kahati ka na kasi sa atensyon ko ngayon." Balik kong asar. I stood between her knees and pinched both of her cheeks.

"Kahati ka dyan. Excuse me oyy! I'm still your number one. Cause if not, you wouldn't be here to make sure I'm home safe bago ka pumunta dun." She stuck out her tongue playfully, and I couldn't help but laugh.

I was taken aback when Rhian suddenly stood up and loosely wrapped her arms around my waist. Yet my own responded naturally as they did the same without hesitation. The hug lasted for a few seconds before my bestfriend pulled back.