LOST CHANCES

CHAPTER 23

We arrived in Paris at nearly late night already. I knew how much Rhian loved seeing the city lights in an aerial view whenever we travel. So I made sure that we'd see the stunning structures from above.

When Rhian and I stood in front of our hotel main door, I told her that I'd cover her eyes before we enter since I wanted it to be a surprise. She was already at awe when we arrived at the building because of how grand the design was, but our hotel unit was something else.

"Ready?" I asked while I was guiding her to the middle of the area.

"The suspense is killing me." She joked.

Then I uncovered her eyes and I watched her slowly open them. She inhaled sharply when caught her first glimpse of the place.

Our unit had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower making everything extra romantic. The single yet spacious room was more than enough for an entire family. Its interior lighting and details even added to its elegance.

"You like it?" I confirmed while I stood behind her.

Rhian faced me with a beautiful smile on her face.

"I love it." She softly said, already a bit teary-eyed.

She closed our gap and put her arms on my shoulders, as mine protectively went around her waist.

"I love you." Rhian added.

"I love you too."

Our lips met halfway for a short yet loving kiss. We looked at each other's eyes when we pulled back. And as expected, I was the one who gave up first with the staring. I kept my forehead on hers while Rhian lightly chuckled.

"Tulog na tayo? We have a long day tomorrow." I told her when I remembered that she was so ready for bed when we were just on our way to the hotel.

Rhian only gave a nod as her answered.

We didn't bother to change clothes since we were already too tired from our travel. I slowly guided her to the bed while she kept her arms around me.

"Your position or mine?" I asked when we reached the side of the furniture.

"Mine." She almost instantly answered like she didn't have to think twice.

The question was referring to our spot and her answer meant that she chose to sleep on top of me. It started to become our thing because it was like we still yearned for each other. We couldn't get enough of the warmth which seemed like we hadn't felt for years.

I laid down on the bed first then carefully pulling her against my body. She settled her face on my shoulder while my hand went to the back of her head and the other on her lower back.

After a minute or two, just as I was about to close my eyes, I felt Rhian move to level her face with mine and look at me. Then she threw a smile which could take anyone's breath away.

"What is it, baby?" I asked as I stroked her cheek with my thumb.

"Nothing. I just can't wait to spend this whole week with you." She sweetly replied.

That made me smile as well. Then I gently kissed her, letting her know that the feeling was mutual. When we pulled back, I suddenly remembered that I promised myself that I would immediately start all the formality as soon as we hit the country.

"Will you let me take you out on a date tomorrow?" I softly asked while brushing her hair with my fingers.

Her eyebrows scrunched a bit due to her confusion. Yet her eyes were filled with excitement. Next was her melting half smile.