FIRST & LAST

CHAPTER 21

Rhian's POV

(CONTINUATION)

None of us could express enough how we felt that moment. The passionate yet gentle kisses continued as we repeatedly said our 'I love you's to each other. Glaiza didn't need to do anything else. Her hugs and touches were enough to prove that I completely had her back. And I couldn't be any happier about it.

There weren't any second thoughts when I asked her if we could already head home. We walked back in the lobby, hand in hand. No one spoke when we were inside the elevator car, probably because both of us were still overwhelmed with everything that happened. All we ever did was sweetly glanced at each other while she slowly caressed my hand with her thumb.

"Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!" Ate Nadine jokingly cheered as soon as they saw us when the elevator door opened.

We all laughed with the playful comment. Glaiza and I walked towards them, not letting go of each other's hand. My parents had huge smiles on their faces, even Gale looked so ecstatic with what she was seeing.

"Finally." The young woman happily sighed when we reached them.

"Kayong dalawa... I don't want this to happen again, okay? Though I appreciate sudden reunions like this, ayoko nang umaabot sa ganito ang mga misunderstandings niyo. Is that clear?" My mom lectured like we went back to being kids.

"Yes po, Tita. Sorry." Glaiza politely apologized.

Then Mom hugged us both as she was a bit teary-eyed, yet her eyes weren't really sad.

"You two better head home and get some rest." My dad said.

"Why, Dad? You don't want to spend time with us anymore?" I jokingly teased.

"As if you don't want to spend some alone time with Glaiza." He countered, which made everyone laugh.

"Okay, Tito. We'll drop you off at the hotel." Glaiza offered, referring to where Dad and Ate Nadine were staying.

"No need, anak. We'll just use the other car. Doon narin naman ako magsestay while they're here." My mom declined.

Then Gale's expression suddenly turned shock and she looked really problematic after.

"Wait, Tita! Iiwan niyo po ako sa condo kasama sila Ate?" She complained, which made Ate Nadine laugh.

"Bakit, Gale? May problema ba dun?" My sister teasingly asked.

"Magiging dakilang istorbo na naman ako sa kanila? Sasama nalang ako sa inyo, Ate Nadine. Hayaan natin silang mag-ingay dun. Baka kung ano-ano pang marinig ko." Gale added as she scratched her nape.

Glaiza lightly hit the back of the young woman's head. Then my sister laughed hysterically, yet trying not to be too loud inside the restaurant. It was like she took what Gale said differently.

"Baliw! Bakit, ano bang tingin mo gagawin namin ng Ate Rhian mo?" The woman I love, asked.

"You seriously should not have asked me that, Ate. Ano ba! Respeto naman. Ako ang pinakabata dito. Rated SPG." Gale playfully said.

Then I finally realized why my sister was laughing hard. When Glaiza completely processed what Gale meant, she covered her face with her free hand and suddenly turned red because of embarrassment. Everyone laughed, teasing Glaiza more. Though I couldn't stop as well, the only comfort I could give her was a kiss on the side of her head.