A FIGHTER'S TOUCH

CHAPTER 27

I was lying in bed on my chest when I woke up to the cold night breeze. Besides the shivers running down my bare back, I was forced to open my eyes because I felt another pair boring into me. When I saw the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on, I couldn't help the smile that crept up my lips.

"Hi." She sweetly greeted.

"Hi." I greeted back, but I turned like a shy teenager seeing their crush for the first time.

I didn't know that I was that weak when it comes to Rhian. With one simple word, my cheeks could turn red and flushed.

Yup, this Rhian effect I have is pretty much getting worse.

"You are too cute for words sometimes, baby." She said, which made us both laugh.

Then she was about to move closer to me but her face painted hurt when she cringed and hissed with her body's small movement.

"Okay ka lang, mahal ko?" I asked as my hand protectively held her waist.

"I'm fine. Just... really sore." She weakly answered.

Rhian carefully sat up with a thick blanket covering her chest and lower body. That left me with a view of just her smooth bare back. I was also about to move to kiss her skin when I was stopped by the pain that shot right through my center and legs. She laughed at me when I groaned and buried my face on the pillow before forcing myself to sit.

"Same?" She teased.

"Didn't know you were that good." I casually answered as I started kissing her exposed skin.

My lips went from middle to top. Slowly. The last one that they paid attention to was her neck.

"Mahal ko, I don't think I can take another round. Stop it muna. Please." Her tone was filled with tenderness and apology.

"I'm sorry, mahal ko." I said as I sat properly, facing her side, and then I wrapped my arms around her slender waist.

"I love you." She said before kissing me on the lips shortly.

"I love you too."

My pair just stayed on her shoulder as she leaned her head on my forehead. Silence filled the room, both of us just feeling each other's breathing.

After a while, I glanced at the clock on top of the bedside drawer to check the time. I saw that it was nearly dinner time and I remembered that I haven't cooked yet. Yet I was torn if I still would because I want to take Rhian somewhere. Even though I agreed that we'd just stay in the unit all day and night, I figured that after what happened... it was only right to talk somewhere else. Some place that is a bit more romantic but still peaceful just for the both of us.

"Mahal ko, okay lang ba sayo kung lalabas tayo?"

"Why? Saan tayo pupunta?" Rhian asked back.

"I want to take you somewhere. But do you want to eat dinner first? I can cook. Or you want, sa labas nalang tayo kumain?" I offered.

She thought of it for a few seconds before she kissed my cheek.

"I love it everytime you cook, but it's okay. We can just eat outside." Rhian decided.

"Alright, baby. Mauna ka nang magshower or ako muna?"

"Or we can take a shower together?" She teasingly suggested.