REASON

CHAPTER 13

I woke up in the same position as last night, on top of Rhian. Judging from how her hold around me wasn't loose, I knew she was already awake. Or probably still awake. So I slowly raised my head to look at her. Her closed eyes opened as soon as she felt me move.

"Good morning." Bati niya.

I murmured a greeting back as I laid my forehead on hers. Then I could only release a relieved sigh.

"Okay ka lang?" Rhian asked.

Pinag-isipan ko ang isasagot sa kanya, because I honestly didn't know what to give. But then my mind traveled back to the three words she said last night.

I love you.

Rhian and I always have been affectionate and protective with each other. But we seldom say those words. Sinasabi niya lang un kapag naglalambing siya or pag nantitrip. But last night was the very first time I heard so much sincerity when she delivered them.

To be honest... they sent shivers down my spine. I didn't exactly know if it was only because I wasn't used to hearing them or... because of something else. Hindi ako nailang dito, pero may kung anong init na dumaloy sa dugo ko nun.

Before my mind could even go crazy from overthinking, I decided to get up since I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anyway.

"Glaiza?" She called as she sat up as well.

I set my eyes on her and just tried to act normal when she stood up to slide both of her arms around my waist.

How I wish I could garner strength to make Rhian stop from what she was doing. It wasn't really helping with how I was trying to control myself.

From what, exactly? I wasn't sure. Yet.

"What's wrong?" My bestfriend gently asked again.

"Nothing." I lied, avoiding her gaze.

"Sa akin ka pa ba magsisinungaling? Come on, what is it?" She repeated.

"I'm okay, Rhian. Medyo masakit lang ang ulo ko." I tried to convince.

I knew from her stare that she was still juggling inside her head if I was telling the truth. But I was glad when she accepted my alibi.

"Sige na, magpalit ka na muna ng damit. You forgot to change last night. Magluluto na ako ng breakfast. Sunod ka nalang." My bestfriend suggested.

That was when I only realized that I was still wearing the same clothes. Lutang na lutang ang isipan ko. Hindi ko alam kung dahil sa pag-uusap namin ni Gale, o dahil sa paulit-ulit kong naririnig ang boses ni Rhian na sinasabi ang tatlong salitang iba ang naging epekto sakin.

I only gave her a nod as an answer. Then my heartbeat became a bit erratic again when she kissed me on the cheek before walking out the bedroom.

Nababaliw na ata ako ngayon.