FIRST TIME

CHAPTER 26

"Make love with me."

Rhian didn't give me the chance to reply because she claimed my lips once again. My arms wrapping her shoulders to pull her closer, signalling just how much I wanted her too. But there was something that's pulling me back. I was still torn.

When our kiss was slowly turning fast and hungry, I repeatedly told myself that I needed to stop it. Yet my hand betrayed me when it went underneath her shirt, feeling her soft bare back. Then I was sent back to my senses when she inhaled sharply.

"Wait, baby. Stop." I said just as she was about to press her body on mine more.

"Why? What's wrong?" Rhian softly asked.

"Nothing, mahal ko. It's just that..."

I was at the verge of trembling because I was too undecided inside. My heart wanted to do it badly and just forget about everything else. But I knew there was something that I needed to consider. My mind was opening that up.

I lowered my head because I couldn't look into Rhian's eyes, yet I could feel hers bore into me. Probably sensing that I was somehow struggling.

"You're not ready, are you?" Her tone had sadness, yet far from disappointed.

"Hindi un. I am ready. Believe me, I wouldn't think twice to surrender myself to you." I assured her as I immediately held her cheek.

"It's okay, mahal ko. Don't worry about it." She said before giving me a kiss on the forehead.

I knew she was hurt because of her wrong assumption. She also didn't want me to feel that I was being forced to do it, and she was trying to hide her pain.

Rhian was about to move over to change her position, but I quickly stopped her by wrapping her waist with both of my arms.

"Mahal ko. Don't be mad, please."

"I'm not mad." She replied as she didn't meet my eyes.

"I love you, I need you, and I want you as badly as you do. Pero... pero hindi ko alam kung talagang ready ka na. Natatakot ako." I admitted.

My words finally made her look at me. There was a bit of hesitation in her eyes.

"Why?" She timidly asked.

"I don't want to hurt you, mahal ko. But what if it'll remind you of..." I couldn't continue what I was about to say just like how it has always been hard to. Especially out loud. But I knew that she understood.

Silence enveloped us for a few seconds, and it was obvious that Rhian was already processing why I was reluctant to do it.

"Will you be rough? Will you do something that'll trigger me to have a panic attack?"

"No! No, of course not. I will never do that. Pero what if nga maalala mo ung nangyari dati? That is something I've always wanted you to forget. And I regret reminding you of that when I--"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence because Rhian suddenly kissed me. Her soft lips did their usual magic of calming me down. So I let it last for a few more seconds until my heartbeat became slightly stable.

"Mahal ko..." I whispered as we kept our foreheads together.

"You'll take care of me, right?" She softly asked, like that was the only assurance she needed.