2| Wrong Guy Between Us

2. Wrong Guy Between Us

"There is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."

•°•°•

"Hi," Claire greeted me quietly at my locker.

"Hi, how are you today?" I asked as I opened my locker and took out books for my first class.

"Better than yesterday."

"Good, you'll be more better at the end of the day," I said, opening a book.

She frowned at me, "Brooke, I don't think we should do it. I mean, let's just leave him alone," I closed my book and glared at her.

"Claire, we can't do that. It's not much. He won't get that hurt."

She looked uncertainly at me.

"Well, if you don't want to help me, it's okay. I can do it by myself."

"No, I'll help," She said, still appearing unsure about it.

"Good. And don't be scared. No one will know it was us," I said before walking away to my class.

We were in the cafeteria. I was sitting with my group of friends, Claire, Tyler, Josh and Darren.

"Hey girls, what are you talking about?" Tyler asked us. We all were seated at a table. Claire and I were discussing our plan while Tyler, Josh and Darren were talking about an upcoming party that Darren was throwing.

"Umm...nothing," I said. It was the best if they didn't know what we were going to do. If they knew they would definitely come with us and spoil our plan.

"Well, are you going to come to my party? It's next week," Darren asked us, looking at me hopefully.

"I hate parties but yeah, I'm coming, and Claire too," I told him.

"Brooke, I can't come. I don't want to," Claire whispered to me.

"Shut up. You have to. Show Jesse that you no longer cry over him and he was nothing in your life."

"He's going to be there?"

"Of course. The whole school comes to  Darren's party."

"Then I definitely won't come. What if he knows it was us who did what we are going to do to him today?"

"He won't know. He's not that smart. Claire, please. Don't ruin this. Come to the party, for me?" I gave her my best puppy eyes. It usually worked on her.

"Don't give me that look."

I pouted. "You won't do this little thing for your best friend?"

Claire looked guiltily at me. "Fine, I'll come."

A wide grin formed on my face. "Good."

There were still four classes to go before school ended. I had Chemistry, Physics, English and Math. Chemistry was my favorite subject and I never got below A.

Today we had a test. I was pretty sure I'd do great in it. I had studied for it. Even if I wouldn't have, I think I would still do good.

English and Math went in a blur. I was thankful for that. Math equaled to dying for me. And I was too young to die. I was very weak in Math as I couldn't seem to get the formulas and equations in my head.

There was still half an hour remaining for Math to end but I just couldn't take it anymore. I fell asleep during class and Ms. Collins had to shout at me to wake me up.