8| Missing Between Us

8. Missing Between Us

"I wonder if he knows how much I miss him."

•°•°•

Everybody was asleep, except me. I was here, brushing my teeth and trying to remain awake at six in the morning. School started at eight. And what was I doing up so early when school is two hours later? I got delivery duties to do for Brian, the asshole.

He was not coming today. And so I had to go there, to his house and drop off the books. What did he think I was? His delivery girl?

I took a slow, warm bath and put on a light blue shirt with black jeans. I was still sleepy, even after taking a bath. I was really not a morning person. On regular days I usually woke up at seven in the morning. 

It was already six thirty when I got into my car. I had told my mom that I was going to Claire's place and no further questions were asked.

Brian's house was a bit far away. It took half an hour to reach his house, the first time I met him and he had demanded a ride.

Most of the people in my neighbourhood were still asleep, peacefully. And I was here, at 6:30 am, all ready and set to go, drop off books of an idiot at his house.

I jumped into my car and pulled out of the driveway. After half an hour, I pulled in front of the Smith's driveway.

The house was huge with a big garden in the front adorned with flowering plants. I identified the roses and sunflowers. The other flowers in purple, orange, white and pink were unknown to me. I wondered who had an interest in gardening in his family. Certainly not him. I couldn't imagine his hobby to be gardening. Maybe it was his mother. Or maybe his sister, that is if he had any. But definitely not him.

I walked up to the door. The house was quiet. No sounds of activity inside the house suggested that whoever lived there was asleep. So I thought I should knock. I knocked on the door but there was no response. I did that a few more times but got the same result.

Finally I pressed the doorbell, the sound reverberating throughout the house.

Finally after a few seconds I heard some movements inside the house and the door opened.

Standing before me was Brian. And he was...shirtless. I opened my mouth to say something but my eyes trailed down to his body. Oh. Those perfect six pack abs, the muscles of his arms, the V-line of his abdomen which continued down the jeans he had worn was making me dizzy. Holy crap. Brian was freaking hot.

"Done checking me out?" Brian asked in a husky morning voice and I instantly took my eyes off of his body and glanced at him. He had that irritating smirk on.

"Excuse me. I was not checking you out." I said, my cheeks feeling warm.

"Sure," He drawled out, rolling his eyes as he stepped back to let me in. "What did you come here for?" He asked, still yawning. Then he glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It read seven. "This early?"

"Um...I think you suffer from memory loss. You told me to bring your books to your house as you are not attending school today. Did I come here for nothing?!"

"Oh...that. Yeah. Um...did you bring it?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course. Here, take your books. And remember the deal. That's the last time I'll be doing your homework. Or will you forget that too?" I said, thrusting the books into his arms.