18| Jealousy Between Us

18. Jealousy Between Us

"If I get jealous, then yes, I really like you."

•°•°•

I think I was overreacting. I couldn't ignore him just because he didn't want to tell me his history. But I was like that. If I told someone something about myself, I would want to know about them too.

Maybe he wasn't ready to open up. Maybe something happened to him worse than what happened to me.

I should give him some space.

I closed my locker door and head to my first class. Math.

I entered the class and immediately spotted Darren and Josh talking about something. I plopped myself on the seat beside Darren's and he looked away from the conversation he was having with Josh and smiled at me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," He replied. When he didn't say anything further I raised my eyebrows.

"What were you two talking about?" I asked, turning around to face Josh.

"You know the party that Darren was going to throw two weeks ago?" Josh started.

"Um...what party?" I asked, confused. I didn't remember them talking about any party at Darren's.

"That party is tomorrow!" Darren said, completely ignoring what I had asked.

"Um...okay."

"So you will come, right?" Darren asked.

I thought a bit about it. I was in no mood to party, "No."

Darren's smile fell and he frowned. "Why?"

"I don't want to party. Just not in the mood to." I told him honestly.

"Oh, come on! Please, it will be fun."

"No Darren. I don't want to come."

"But we all will be there and-"

"I said no. Gosh! Why can't boys accept a no? Stupid egoistic douches."

Josh chuckled. "You called him that."

"Because he is a stupid egoistic douche."

"Shut up," Darren glared at me.

"Don't mind him." Josh told me. "If you're not coming it's okay. Even Brian is not coming so maybe you two could-"

"NO!" Darren shouted. I almost jumped a mile in the air at his sudden outburst. "I mean no. You're coming."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I said no," I stated with an air of finality.

He sighed, "Fine. But you're gonna die of boredom at your house."

"I have my books and maybe I'll study a bit...I won't be bored. And you don't need to worry about it. I'll survive," I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're so stubborn."

"Thanks. Have you asked Claire whether she's coming or not?"

"Yeah, I asked her and she's coming." He said and I nodded. "With Jesse," He added.

"I know. It's like buy one get one free deal. If there is Claire, there would also be the asshole." I said, venom lacing my voice.

"I hate him."

"So do I. You know what? I hate boys. They are idiots."

"Well except one," Josh muttered from behind me. I faced him.