24| Feelings Between Us

24. Feelings Between Us

"The greatest happiness you ever gave me was returning my feelings which I intensely and passionately felt for you."

•°•°•

It had been more than a week since Darren became my boyfriend and I must say that all these days he had been nothing but really sweet to me.

Naturally, Claire had tried to kill me because I didn't tell her about Darren and me. She threw a fit and refused to talk to me for the first two days. It was quite comical actually. Whenever she was angry, she looked very funny and I accidentally let out a chuckle once when she was lecturing me about how I never told her anything. That was a big mistake because her glare that followed my chuckle could have literally sent me six feet under.

Luckily, it didn't because she loved me too much to do that.

Darren was indeed a good boyfriend and he was always very protective and sweet towards me. Brian seemed distant again, though when I questioned him about the texts, he didn't answer me. He and Gemma were a thing now and as expected, Gemma couldn't contain her happiness and excitement at her new status and literally screamed in my face that Brian was her boyfriend now.

She then launched herself into a minute by minute description about how he reacted when she told him and how they now spend almost everyday at her house.

Well, lucky for you bitch!

I admit, I became angry every time that topic was brought up but I was yet to find out why. I just felt immense anger and hatred towards Brian and Gemma put together.

Now I was sure of my dislike towards Gemma, though of course I never showed it and treated her as I would normally treat my friends, but the difference being that the way I treat Gemma was fake. I didn't mean any of that.

I know I was being judgmental and prejudiced in my opinion of her but really, I couldn't help it.

"So...have you two gone out on your first date? You and Darren?" Claire asked me in Biology.

"No, we haven't."

She frowned. "Why?"

I shrugged, not really knowing the answer. "We just started out a week ago and I think it's a bit...early? I don't know. We didn't get time to go out on a date."

"I can arrange a date for you two," she said hopefully.

I smiled at her. "Thanks but no, I don't want to go. At least not anytime soon."

"Okay. But do tell me when you want to go and I'll help him set up the date! I'll make it really romantic!" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Fine."

"And," She drawled out the 'a'. "I think that day is not far away."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "What do you mean?"

"Darren has been asking me about you a lot. He's even asked me what sort of dates you prefer. I agreed to help him."

I sighed. I didn't know what was happening with me. I was beginning to question my decision. What I had done...was it the right thing to do?

Claire seemed to pick up on my mood. "Are you okay?" She asked, frowning a bit.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts. "I don't know, Claire. I-I'm not sure whether what I did was the right thing to do or not. I guess it was just a spur of the moment thing. I was overwhelmed when he said that he liked me and I didn't know what to do."