3| A Ride Between Us

3. A Ride Between Us

"Learn to love the ride."

•°•°•

It had been half an hour. I had been sitting outside waiting for half an hour for Brian to come out of the men's bathroom. And it had been more than an hour since school ended. What was I going to tell my stupid brother and my mom for why I was late?

As school ended an hour ago, not many people were there. Just a few teachers and some students. People passing by gave me odd looks from which I could tell that they were thinking why I was sitting directly outside the men's bathroom.

Brian dragged me to the men's bathroom from the parking lot. Of course I tried to run away but I couldn't because he held my arm so tightly as if his life depended on it. I swear he stopped blood circulation in my body. And now he was making me wait for him. And why was I still here? Because he got his hands on my phone! And I had no idea how!

Was he ever going to come out of that bathroom today?

Finally an eternity later, Brian walked out of the bathroom. His clothes were all wet and his hair was disheveled and wet too.

He looked at me. Well, more like glared at me.

"You're driving me home," He stated sternly, leaving no room for an argument.

"Excuse me? Give me my phone back! I'm not driving you home!" I stood up, sticking a hand out in front of his face for my phone.

"Fine. I'll just flush down your phone in the toilet," He said, turning back. Oh my God! Not my phone! I can't live without it!

"Wait!" I said and he looked at me expectantly. I groaned. "Okay I'll drive you home!"

"Good."

"But what about your bike?"

"My friend will drop it off at my place. Now don't waste my time and drop me home. You have a car, right?"

"Er...yes," I said, running my eyes over his form. "But it will be spoiled if you sit in my car!"

"Does it look like I care. You are dropping me home and I don't care whether it will spoil the car or not." He gritted out.

"You're such a jerk." I muttered under my breath.

"Are you even from this school? Because if you were you'd clearly know me as the sweetest guy ever," he said proudly.

"I'm from this school and I do know about your reputation but right now you're sort of contradicting it."

"I'm a good guy but don't think of me as a pushover. Did you expect me to be friendly when you best me to a pulp?"

I felt extremely bad for him. "I told you that it was a mistake. I didn't want to do that to you, but someone else."

"Doesn't matter. I'm the one who suffered in the end."

I glared at his retreating figure, hoping it would literally burn holes in his back. In frustration, I raised my hand into a fist and punched the wall adjacent to me. "Ow!" I hissed in pain, cradling my hand against my chest. Why the hell did I do it? Clearly my brain and my actions were temporarily unconnected.

I unlocked the car and got in the driver's seat while Brian sat in the passenger seat. I cringed as I saw the paint sticking to the leather seats. He noticed it and smirked before rubbing his back on the seat which caused it to get more paint on it. I glared at him.