35| A Monster Between Us

35. Monster Between Us

"I'm no longer afraid of monsters because I once loved one."

•°•°•

I cut the engine as I reached Jesse's house, more like one of his parents' because they were filthy rich and thought there was some sense in buying houses which they wouldn't even use. I glanced up at his house and then at my surroundings. This was giving me the creeps.

Jesse lived in a house in the middle of nowhere. Not quite literally, but did he have to live in such a place where there were no freaking neighbors? I mean sure I could see some houses a bit far away, but would it have hurt so much to be a bit close to human civilization?

Or maybe he just didn't want the neighbors to hear the girls' moans
and scream when he fucked them.

It was dark inside the house and around it. I was alone here, except that maybe Claire and Jesse are inside and my friends were going to come soon. I got out of the car and walked up the stairs to Jesse's doorstep.

Should I knock? Or just barge into the house? That would rude, but eh who cares, he has got my best friend locked up in his room.

I was about to touch the door handle when I heard a car pull up silently. I turned around to see Jake in the car. My hand subconsciously patted the pepper spray I had in my shorts' pocket. I think I might need it today.

Jake jumped out of the car, not caring to lock the car door behind him and skipped up the stairs to me. I saw Sam trail behind him. He brought Sam too.

"Where is Claire? Is she okay? Is she inside?!" Jake asked urgently, wide eyed as he stared at me. I awed for a second, seeing the concern lacing his eyes for Claire.

"I don't know. I just reached here. She told me she's in Jesse's room."

"Let's go then," He said before grabbing the door handle and yanking at it.

"What the-"

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's locked."

"Step aside, kids. See the power of my fist!" Sam boomed as he shoved me aside. I glared at his back before smacking him in the head. He glared back down at me.

"What, Parker?" He never said my name. He always called me by my last name. It made me think if he has a personal enmity with me or what, because too many books and movies made me think that only enemies acknowledge each other by last names. But that was not the case as Sam was very pleasant, protective and almost behaved brotherly to me. And I liked him a lot. He was funny...and almost always horny.

"If you're going knock that door down, I must stop you because I don't want Jesse to know we're here before we even know where he is."

"Then you got any better plan?" Sam asked, looking very sure that I don't.

"Of course," I said, pushing him out of my way.

I took​ out a bobby pin from my hair.

"This isn't a movie, Brooke," Sam scoffed.

"Will you just shut up, please?"

I inserted the bobby pin in the lock. I knew how to do this. I mean I had dine this before. I once broke into Claire's house because I wanted to give her a surprise party for her birthday.