16| Heartbreak Between Us

16. Heartbreak Between Us

"You love a person when you don't hate them for breaking your heart."

•°•°•

Jake's POV:

I liked her. I liked Claire. I still couldn't believe it. I kissed her, and the fact that she kissed me back only made my hopes rise far higher than should be. Maybe I could have a chance with her.

I was eager to see her today. As soon as I reached school I hopped off my bike and went to my locker. Brian and Sam were already there.

I think my enthusiasm was evident because Sam raised his eyebrows at me and asked, "What happened to you, bro? Did you get laid yesterday?"

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. "I am not a fuckboy like you. I don't use girls. I don't know why I'm even friends with someone like you." I said, shaking my head.

"Same," Brian said.

Sam chuckled and slapped my arm. His slaps are deadly, I tell you. "Ow! Don't do that." I said as rubbed my arm which he had slapped.

"You two love me and you two also need to grow up! You are seventeen and still not had sex!" He gave me a disbelieving look.

"Brian is a virgin too. And I told you that I can't have sex with just any girl.  I mean I should first like the girl!" I was a little shy when it came to getting girls in bed. Sure, I can flirt a little and know how to make a girl feel special, but I can't make the first move if I want to sleep with them. I'd forever be anxious if a girl really wants it and if she finds me appealing enough. And another reason why I can't just sleep around with tons of girls is because I can't find it in myself to do it if I don't even have feelings for her. It doesn't feel right.

Although I had such views on things, it didn't mean that I thought any bad of people who find it easy to sleep with many people. I knew some people in my class thought I was gay because of this but I wasn't and I was thankful I didn't feel the need to prove anything to them.

"Ugh! Shut up. Early in the morning you have to discuss our sex lives?" Brian whined from beside me. He slammed his locker shut and glared at Sam.

Sam laughed loudly. His voice boomed all over the locker room and some people stared at us. But he was oblivious to it. "I sometimes wonder if you two are gay. You'd make a great couple though."

"Shut up. I don't know about Brian but I'm not gay. Even his lips are virgin." I said. Yeah it was true. Brian was like the good boy of our group. He didn't do drinks (but sometimes we forced him to), sex or even kisses. I think he really is gay.

"I am not gay. I like girls," Brian stated quietly.

"What do you mean by his lips are virgin? Even yours are, right?" Sam asks me.

I chewed on my lip to keep myself from breaking into a grin. Not any more. I had my first kiss last night. With Claire. But was she okay with the kiss? I hope she was not mad at me, because I really liked her a lot.

"Hello, lover boy?" Sam waved his hand in front of my face. "Who is she?"

I bit my lip again, something I do when I'm nervous.

"Claire," I mumbled.

"Really?" Brian asked, his eyes showing how much excited he was.

"Yeah, I kissed Claire. Saturday night."