Chapter 1 - A threat to secrecy - Part 1

*Author's note:

Hi! Thanks for checking out my work. I hope you enjoy it and maybe show some appreciation signs (votes, comments, reading the same part in all your devices so wattpad counts more reads :D ).

Thank you.    

Be warned, this story is on hold, waiting for the Two Moons series to end.

******************

The world is full of wonders, both good and bad.

But the world is also full of humans.

So THEY (no, not the humans) keep the wonders a secret – well most of the time anyway – and work to contain how the leaks are handled and perceived when some do slip through.

You could say "The Prime Directive" is keeping everything away from human knowledge.

One might wonder if the humans are possibly feared.

No. That's not it.

Panic, mass hysteria and chaos is feared.

And the 7 billion humans – give or take a few hundred million – on this beautiful planet Earth have a lot of panic potential.

Mass panic leads to mass disturbances in the Earth's energies and worst case scenarios include global extinction events and catastrophic climate changes and THAT would effect more than the humans.

Secrecy is good. Panic is bad.

And yet there is something getting humans into "unexplained" comas all through the Western border of his domain and of course, Peter, his counter-part from the West is also affected on his Eastern border.

Domain is a vague term. They do not actually own it, but they are task to manage all the information about the supernatural in their designated areas so the 'wonders' remain rare occurrences in obscure occult magazines that almost nobody reads instead of common front page knowledge.

A meeting needs to be set. Probably at the Moonpulse Nightclub just like last time.

Hmm, that wasn't so long ago, only 23 years. Seems strange to be meeting so soon again, but if this doesn't qualify as an emergency, I don't know what would. After all, if something is even remotely close to exposing us or anything connected is a major concern; he thought.

And the comas lasting exactly 2 weeks every time? Even if the victim was young, or old, male or female? He was grateful that 'IT' didn't decide to go after children! But what he couldn't figure was why 'IT' would feed uncontrollably like that? Things just didn't add up.

He reached for his phone and dialed.

"Hi Cynthia! May I speak with Peter please?"

Cynthia: "I'm sorry sir, I'm not sure you have the right number though my name is indeed Cynthia. There is no Mr. Peter here."

"My mistake miss, I meant Mr. Murner. Robert Murner."

Cynthia: "It's alright sir. May I have your name so I can let him know who is looking for him?"

"Of course! The name is Johnathan Gray." And with that, she put hit on hold.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).

Trying to keep it mobile friendly and easy to update, so expect regular updates the size of this one.