Chapter 4

Chapter 4-"I am no tomboy"

Kiara Knight's POV

My palm pressed against the door of my room as I push it harshly. I walk in quickly with a furious expression on my face. My hands folded near my chest. I hear his footsteps behind me as he enters the room. For a minute there is silence as I refuse to look back at him and talk to him. My back is still facing him as I bite my eyebrows come together in anger.

"I didn't know that they don't know about it. I thought your parents already told them". I put a deaf ear to his words and that makes him sigh. He didn't even say sorry.

"You are so arrogant, you know that?". I walk to my bed as I fall down on it, still angry. It was his turn to be silent. I look up at him and find him looking around the room. He goes to the wall that is filled with picture frames from my childhood along with my brothers and everyone of our families. He stops at one picture and looks back at me.

"I remember that day. You looked like an Angel in that white fairy dress during christmas". A small smile tugging on his lips. For some reason my heart skipped a beat when he called me Angel.

"You didn't say sorry", I reminded him. After he told my brothers that I am leaving with him to New York to live with him till my exams are completed, they dumped many questions at me. They thought that I knew about all of this from the beginning and almost got angry at me for hiding this from them. Then Alexander cleared all the confusion.

"I don't have to". His eyes are still fixed on the pictures, mainly on one particular picture. "This one's my favourite". His finger pointing towards the picture in which he is holding me in his arms as he is sitting in the sofa. I am just a months baby then. He is smiling at the picture with one of his front tooth lost. That one's my favourite too.

"Mine too. You don't have one of your front teeth". I tease. He looks back at me.

"Now I am liking it less. You should take that down". His hands are in his pocket.

"Why? Should you always look perfect? I love it and I am keeping it!". My stubborness only amused him. He walks towards me.

"Well, since it's you. I don't have any choice but let you have it". he stands at the foot of my bed as he speaks.

"Well, I already have it". My tongue pokes childishly. He chuckles at my action and God, did he look hot. He looks around the room once again and then at me.

"You have grown up". I like hearing that from him. I don't know why, but I like it. The thought that he thinks that I am not the same girl anymore, makes me happy.

"What did you expect? Barbies and dolls?". I say arrogantly. His gaze shifted to the other end of my bed, the chair in my room and the matress that lay on the floor. All these places aer filled with soft toys. Oh God! I should have hid them all. Now he might think that I am still a kid!

"Well, I don't see much difference now. you have grown up just a little", he says with his hands still in his pockets. He comes to me and gently pinches my cheek. "You are still the cute girl that you have been eight years ago". Well, there goes my excitement.

"Having soft totys in room doesn't show that you are a kid". My try to assure him that I am a grown woman only fails as he looks amused. "Really! I am a woman now!". I almost whine.

"Yeah, sure. I agree". Sarcasm clear in his voice he chuckles again. I huff and look away. "Get ready for the party tonight. See you there", he says going to the door before opening it. "Bye, Little One". He disappears as he closes the door behind him. There is the endearment again. It always makes my heart flutter. Even now.