Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Kiara Knight's POV

"Hey Sam!" I said smiling even though I wasn't feeling excited about seeing him. I just want to break up with him and get this over with. Internally I am feeling a bit nervous about this. I didn't plan on how I am going to do this. On the top of that, I didn't tell Alex that I am meeting Sam. This is something that I want to do on my own. Right now, I am standing at the entrance of his suite and gave him a fake smile.

"Hey Baby!" He tried to hug me and did, but I didn't return it back. "Come in." He pushed the door open and invited me before closing the door. Gripping the purse in my hand tightly, I just take a quick of his suite, not facing him. "I am so happy that you came. It's been so long that I saw you." Forcing a smile I turned around to look at him. "Sit." He said smiling and pointed to the chair behind me.

I am tapping my feet on the floor and stopping myself from biting my nails out of nervousness. I didn't speak anything. I just stayed calm and looked down at my fingers. He sat down in front of me.

"You should sneak out more. I miss you. I have ordered food for both of us. Would it be possible for you to stay the night?" I looked at him wide eyed.

"No." My mumble was so low. My heart is beating fast. I should tell him quickly and leave.

"Are you okay, Baby?"

"Yes." I was silent for a minute and felt his gaze on me all the while. I didn't want to give him any wrong impression so I just wore jeans and a normal t-shirt. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it? Is everything alright?" He put his hand on mine and this is definitely not helping. I don't like his touch.

"Yes, everything is alright. So... Um... How is your stay in New York?" Such a stupid question to ask. I scold myself before making a face as if I am interested in what he was saying. He is slowly trying to get touchy and I didn't like it. After a while, he asked.

"You want to have some drink?" He stood up and went to the trolley to pick up the bottle and glass. Maybe alcohol will help and I can tell him why I came here to talk with him.

"Yes, please." He handed me the glass and I quickly drank it. My mind is concentrating only on one thing. How do I tell him? Where should I start?!

We talked for another fifteen minutes. It's mostly him talking and me sweating. How would he react? Would he get angry? Will he cry? No, he won't. Will he hit me? Of course, he won't! Will he shout? Maybe. Come on, Kiara, you can take that. Just don't look at him when he shouts. You should break up with him!

"Sam." I softly called him interrupting whatever he was saying.

"Yes, Baby" Oh, please stop calling me that!

"Um... Listen the thing is..." He is looking at me with full concentration. I look down at my fingers. I can't back down now. "It's... I think we should... We should break up." I looked up at him at the last sentence. My started beating fast as I waited for his reaction. He surely is shocked. He looked at me wide eyed and sat back in his chair.

"What?" He looked at me.

"I... It's not working."

"But... I don't understand." He was silent for a second and I started crushing my purse with my hands. I bit my lip.

Few minutes of silence passed and I waited for him to say something. He is looking like he is in deep thoughts. Finally he sighed and looked at me. He gave me a tight-lipped smile.