Chapter 12

Chapter 12-"She is so unpredictable"

Alexander Rodriguez's POV

"Hi mom! How are you?" I sat back on the office chair relaxedly to talk with mom. It's been a while since I have spoke with her. She said she wouldn't talk to me if I won't get married soon. I rolled my eyes internally. I tried calling her a few times, but she never picked and stuck to her word. After almost a month, now she is calling. It's been three days since Kiara's date night with Sam.

"So?" Wow! No response! Not even how are you?

"Mom! Come on! Just give me some time. There is no girl in my mind right now." That's true though. I am always indulged in work that I only had one or two flings, nothing more. I don't have time for relationship. Besides, for me a girl means Kiara, my Little One. These feelings are so fucking confusing.

"Okay then. You stay like that and don't call me." What the hell?!

"Mom! Now you are acting like a kid."

"Really? Yes, maybe. But my son still thinks he is a kid, when he is thrity two years old!" Now I really roll my eyes.

After fifteen minutes of argument, we finally reached to an end.

"Really?!" She is so excited.

"Yes, I will bring her there in a few days. Now happy?"

"No! I don't believe you." Her voice sounds suspicious.

"Really. We are living together."

"Then why didn't Kiara tell us anything?" God, mom!

"I told her not to tell anyone." I don't know how much I am going to lie.

"I knew there was someone." There is no one at all. It is all a lie. Till a minute ago she was arguing that she does not believe me and suddenly she knows that there is someone all this time. I sigh at her. "You don't need to come here. We all have planned to come New York in a few days. We still haven't set a date. Although it's just Kiara's parents and us. We will meet her then." I sat up straight in my chair.

"What?" What the fuck?! Now from where shall I bring a girlfriend?

"Oh actually that's why I called you, to tell you this. We are coming to meet Kiara. It's a surprise for her. Her father is missing her a lot. Zack's been very persistent on meeting her." My Little One is surely daddy's girl. My mind is shifting between Kiara and the new girlfriend that I should have.

"Okay mom. Just tell me when you are going to come."

"Okay son. Bye."

"Bye mom." She cut the call and I threw the phone on the desk filled with papers and fell back on the chair sighing. My finger is on my lips and my legs crossed over as I thought on what I should be doing now.

So almost the whole family is coming here to surprise Kiara. Also I have to have a girlfriend in one day, cause they still didn't set a date. If they come by any minute and my 'girlfriend' is not home, mom will surely know.

I closed my eyes and relaxed for a bit to let my mind work. What do to? Then an idea popped into my mind and I snapped open my eyes. Taking the phone that I threw on the desk a few minutes ago, I opened it and scrolled through the numbers to find the contact that I need. I tapped on the contact and it started ringing. Bringing the phone near to my ear, I waited for her to pick up the call and she did.

"Hello."

"Liya. It's Alex."