Chapter 24

Chapter 24-"You meet the one only once in life"

Alex Rodriguez's POV

Five Weeks After Kiara Left New York

"How was the meeting?" I ask him as we both sat down. He nodded his head.

"Good. How was your day son?"

"Not bad." He gave another kurt nod and just stared at me. My eyebrow raised. I don't understand why he is staring at me.

"What?"

"What is it that's bothering you son?" I am not quite shocked from his question. He analyses people with just one glance. After all he has run the empire of the Rodriguez family for more than thirty years and he have seen many people in his experience. But it's usually mom that asks all these questions. In a split second she notices from our faces that something is not right. In some cases she doesn't need to be told.

I didn't know how to answer that question. How can I tell him that I like Kiara? How can I tell him how I feel about Kiara? I took a minute to think.

"Come on. You can tell me." He encouraged. First I need to know whether I am in love with her or is this all just my obsession. I look up at him.

"You always told us how you and mom met and all about your story, but you never told us how you knew, at what point you came to know that you love her." He raised his eyebrow this time. He crossed his legs just like me or I picked it up in teenage since I was his son. Many say that my mannerism is almost close to his. He has the I-know–what's-happening look. His forefinger is against his lips.

"I wonder what is it that's making you ask that question." I almost want to roll my eyes at this words. He has the knowing smirk on his face and I know that he completely understood what I am talking about.

"Nothing. I was just wondering." Taking a sip from my glass of alcohol, I wait for him to start. He gave a small nod before speaking.

"Alright." He took a deep breath to start. "As you know it's just instant that I was attracted to her, as soon as I saw her. It's like there is this... this attraction. One night I saw the scars on her body and got angry. You all know the remaining story. But there is this feeling to protect her from every bad in the world that can harm her started the moment I saw those scars.

When she left me, to save me, it did hurt badly. I was not able to save her and keep the promise. When I took a bullet for her, I knew I can take a thousand more for her, if it means having her safe. I knew I would fight the war, go above and beyond the limits. It was a bit hard, but not impossible. After all she is the girl I love and I would fight with the world for her if needed. Love is worth it."

I am just staring at him by the end. They have gone through so much, especially mom. Dad even took a bullet for her. Would I be able to take a bullet for Kiara? Of course I would, without any doubt.

"If you are in love, all you need to do is have courage to go above and beyond. Fight anyone." I shook my head and was about to speak, but he cut me off. "I think you are in love. Don't deny it. That's the same mistake Zack did and Amelia left him because of his rejection. Although, he went back and did win her. But never deny your feelings. The moment you asked me to tell how I fell I love, I knew you are in love."

I am silent. I am still figuring out. Kiara has left me. I am too late. But am I in love with her.

"When you look at her, do you see your future with her?" Of course I do. I want to come home every day and see her smiling face. Some day... Maybe someday have kids. But that's too far.