Chapter 28

Chapter 28-"I love you"

Kiara Knight's POV

My heart is beating out of chest and my palms feel sweaty. Nervousness started to bubble inside me. All of us are sitting in the hall of his suite. I am sitting beside Alex. He never once left my hand and he as usual has no expression on his face. His touch is the only thing that's keeping me sane and I guess that's the same with him.

It's been half an hour, in which ten minutes are for freaking out. Although everyone is still freaking out in their minds except for Ace. He just looks deep in thoughts about the situation. He has spoken only a few words and I should say none of them were why are you dating? This is so fucked up! Like everyone else in the room is saying except Cara.

The next ten minutes Alex calmed down all, including me. After that questions flooded.

What are you thinking?

How can this happen?

Does Zack know about this?

Do you know what will happen ones he does?

He never once left my side and whenever anyone asks me question he responds to it himself. It almost felt like as if he doesn't want anyone to scold me about this. He is trying to take all this on himself without me getting hurt. I look up at him and find him talking to William seriously about us.

He is fighting for us. Fighting for me. What more do I need from the man I love? He is the man I love.

In that moment, my heart fluttered and it's like a bomb has been dropped. A sweet bomb. The realization dawned on me.

The man I love. The man... I love. I love him. Oh my God! I love him! I am in love! With him! With the one person that has always been in my heart! Oh my God! Oh my God!

I love Alex. I am in love with him.

I didn't know when my eyes brimmed with tears. In this hefty situation, I am crying because of happiness. I couldn't be more stupid. But I am not able to control myself. I am brought out of my thoughts when I heard Anthony talking loudly. He has been freaking out more than anyone.

"Alex!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me. I am your big brother. Don't forget that." His voice sounded a bit lower and scary. Not to me, but sure Anthony should have gotten the point. His hand moved and he put it over my shoulder. I automatically snuggled into him. His warmth making me feel safe despite of the environment in the room. All of their eyes are on us and I quickly looked down.

I am sure they can see how close we are. I look up to meet Cara's eyes and there is a small smile on her face as she is looking at me. Her eyes trained on her eldest son. It seems as though she has understood me and Alex. I can see she has already accepted us. I know Alex will make us pass all the hurdles. I love you, Alex.

"I love her."

My eyes widened as I lifted my head up to look at him. He looked down to meet my eyes. Did he just say that? He never said that before. We never said that before. It is his first time saying that to me. Those are the exact words that I am having in my heart and in my mouth. My heart stopped beating for a moment. Butterflies flew in my stomach. At that moment, I might die out of immense happiness.

"I love you, Little One." His lips pressed against my forehead as he said those words to me. I cannot help the blush that covered my face and my ears as I can feel all of them looking at me.