Chapter 10

Chapter 10-"It may be on the cheek, but still, I did it!"

Kiara Knight's POV

"I am sorry. I forgot." I started playing with the button on the sleeve of his shirt as I held his hand. I looked down while I am talking, but then looked up. "But do you really have to increase the security?" The last line I asked a bit louder. He was silent for a second and observed s I still played with the button while looking at him. He then looked up.

"Tell me one thing, did you really forget?" I looked away. Of course, I remember. I shook my head. I am not even feeling guilty, just scared that he might really increase the security. "Now at least one of us should stand on the promise made right?" I bit my lip. I remember it. I am supposed to tell him wherever I go and less security for me. We made that deal on the plane while coming here.

"Alex." My voice came out very low almost pleading him not to do it.

"No. I am not falling for that. I am not one of your brothers."

"I don't want you to be my brother either." This time I mumbled very low that only I can hear it.

"What was that?" He bent down to hear what I was saying and I looked up at him.

"Nothing." I turn away from him and looked out of the window. I folded my arms near my chest. I heard him sigh.

"Little One." I pretend like I didn't hear him. "Come on. Now are giving me the silent treatment?"

"Who are you?"

"What?"

"I am sorry. I am not supposed to talk to strangers. You can talk with my bodyguard and if he sees the reason you want to talk with me is fine then you can." I said all this without looking at him. He held my waist and pulled me to him. I squealed in surprise.

"You are really not going to talk to me?" I still fold my arms a look away like a kid. I am sitting beside him.

"No."

"Come on. I even gave you your date kiss." My lips almost turned up and I tried with all my might to stop the stupid grin that is fighting to appear on my face. Of course, I got it. I might not have been this happy even if Sam have kissed me. I bring my hand to my lips and pretend like rubbing something off my lips as I tried to stop the smile on my face.

"Yes, but... Well, it was not from Sam." I don't know why I said that. Kiara! Shut up! My eyes widen and I look at him. He just stared at me for a moment and then released me. Completely pulled away from and look straight ahead. Should have kept my mouth shut! I was about to open my mouth when the car stopped.

He got out soon. The driver opened the door for me and I quickly got out as I thanked him. I removed my heels and held them with the hand I held my purse. I ran after Alex who got into the lift and stopped it for me.

"Alex." I call out as I ran into the lift. He looked at the heels in my hand and then at my bare foot before looking away hiding his smile. There was no one else in the lift. I go to him and stand in front of him as the lift doors closed. His hands are tucked in his pocket. He looked away. "Alex." He still didn't look at him. I jumped at reach his eyes level. I jumped for another two times and he smiled at me.

I can see he is totally controlling his laugh. I hit his arm with my other hand.

"Alex, you are behaving like a kid!" I almost shouted. The lift dinged and the doors opened. He walked out and I walked out behind him. He is taking long strides or his legs are just too long. He walked, but I ran behind him. Once we are in the living room, we stopped.