Chapter 14

Chapter 14-"I don't know what came over me"

Kiara Knight's POV

I felt the sun rays on my face and groaned. Is it morning already? I sat up rubbing my right eye with the back of my hand and yawned. I was about to put my feet down on the bed, but then I suddenly remembered what happened between me and Alex last night. My eyes widened. We kissed. We freaking kissed! I was so happy about it! Even now, my heart is beating fast if I think about it. I bit my lip.

I slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I put some paste on the brush and slowly started brushing my teeth. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, all I can think about is the kiss. The lips, the touch, the tongue, the intense feeling, the heartbeat, the electricity between us, the desire I saw in his eyes, the rawness, the passion, the pull and the feel of his hands on me.

For a minute I paused brushing as I kept thinking about it. So, that's how it feels to be kissed deeply and that's how it feels to be kissed by Mr. Hot! I resumed brushing and quickly washed my teeth and then my face before coming out and closing the bathroom door behind me. I can't seem to get the kiss out of y mind. My finger tips caressed my lips and I sighed.

I have to go out for breakfast now. Alex will be there. Will he be normal with me? Or will he be angry with me? Will he even talk to me? Does he even like the kiss? God, I kissed him like a kid! I don't even know correctly how to kiss! Fuck! He must be regret kissing me! I hope not! Will be awkward between us?

Now that I think about it, from last night all I thought about is from my side. I didn't even think about what and how he might be feeling. I feel so selfish now. I closed my eyes and sighed before opening them. Anything it might be, now I should go out and face him. At one or the other point I should face him. It's not like I can avoid him. It's not like I want to avoid him.

Come on, Kiara! You can do this!

My feet carried me to the door and I was about to turn the knob, when I heard knock from the other side.

"Little One. Come out, it's almost nine. I have to leave for the office." I heard his voice from the other side.

Suddenly I feel my heart beat two times faster than normal. All my confidence drained out as I suddenly heard his voice. Although one side all I want to do is, open the door and hug him tightly, while on the other side, I am just too scared, embarrassed, tensed and nervous to open the door. All because I don't know how he will respond once I open the door.

"Come out, little One. You need to have your breakfast. I know if I leave it there, you won't have it." He knocked softly. I gained all my courage and slowly twisted the knob and the door opened once there was the sound of unlocking. I look up at him and found him staring at me. I felt shy for some reason and raised my hand before pulling my hair away from my face and putting it behind my ear.

"Good morning." My voice is almost shaking. I didn't even look at him. I waited for him to say something and felt his gaze on me all the while. But, he didn't say anything. Okay this is getting awkward. I walked past him and was about to take another step, when I felt his hand on my wrist, stopping me.

"Little One." Can hear my heart beat again. I turn around and found him looking at me. As soon as our gaze met, I am stuck. I stared into his sea green eyes. He tugged my hand and pulled me to him gently, I took a step front and stood in front of him, not too close though. I am waiting eagerly to hear what he is going to say. "I um..." He looked away for a second before looking at me."I am sorry."

Now I am puzzled and confused. I am waited for him to continue.

"I never apologized to anyone. I don't know what came over me. I should have really scared you. Don't worry. It will never happen again." Now I feel sad. Does he regret kissing me? Now I feel like a stupid for feeling like I am on cloud since last night.