CHAPTER 2:WELCOME TO THE WOODLANDS

THE OUTSKIRTS

he hit the gas pedal and we slid down the tunnel.it was more of like being vacummed into the tunnel.it was so fast. i almost lost consciousness.the lights inside the tunnel were blinding.it came from some sort of glowing algae . all i could do was hold on to the boy.

then we stopped in a matter of seconds.i could see we had left the tunnel but i was still confused.the boy got off the bike and held out his hand for me. 

"what .   just.   happened?"i was a bit hazy as my feet touched the ground.

"i think we're in central."

i looked around me to confirm .

"well.we're in central alright." it was hard to believe that the roots tunnel went so far and so fast. Speaking of the roots. we turned around. the bike was gone and the roots looked pretty normal .not all  glowing and tunnely...

good news we were in central,bad news we were in the outskirts.the dangerous part.the GATES. the gates was a stream guarded by ancient and evolved animals called the Aisworate. they meant no harm really but you'd have a pretty hard time trying to get through.

"aren't you cold over there?"this boy,  was standing confidently in his undies in the woods.i mean it's normal in some of these parts but it wasn't normal in the outskirts .it was pretty cold ,misty and mysterious. you just felt like you were on edge being around this place.

"any ideas? im open to anything.oh wait ,you can't help me .can you?" he was trying to be sarcastic.i mean this boy.so i smirked and raised an eyebrow"have you never lived in the woodlands before?" i asked as i walked around looking for this specific tree.

"not exactly"he said unsure as though he doubted himself.honestly,i was shocked .how come?he must be from other lands then but how did he find himself in trouble in the woodlands?anyway he had no idea that out here ,mother nature provided."aha! i found it."

"you found what?" he moved closer to me to see but there wasn't much to see it was just a tree  so he just stood there confused.

"what have you found?"

"just a minute"i left him on the ground and went up the tree .you see that specific tree provided a shedding of wood and leaves that had a cotton like texture which when tied up or sewn could create beautiful cloaks.so i got the perfet piece of shedding that he could tie around his waist  and his back round his shoulders. and threw it down to him.

"catch!"

he looked up and tried to get the sheddings. shortly after ,i jumped down.he rolled his eyes and smiled."why am i not surprised."i looked over to him with the side eye like what you talking about.

"you caught the wrong thing"i said as i walked closer to him and took the sheddings from him.he giggled to himself.i tried to tie them around his waist. looked like it wasn't  gonna fit."what is this...,is this supposed to help?"

"just stand there and don't move."i was struggling to  get it to go round his waist until that awkward moment when my arm brushed against his crotch.there was a little awkward silence"should i sue for sexual harassment?"he teased.did he really have to.  really?                            
 i closed my eyes and tried to imagine that it didn't happen.

aaaaand finally i was done.i stepped back to take it in."there. how does that feel?"i said in satisfaction.he looked like he was from here now.like a warroir or a farmers son.i smiled.

he was skeptical and gave me that funny look"it feels good i'll give you that.but if i look funny and people start staring at me."

"relax,people are gonna be staring at me .this is not what we normally wear."

"imma have to take your word for it."  

 no he looked funny so i just burst out laughing "we have to get moving" i said in the middle of laughter as i led the way.it's funny we could afford laughter .deep down i was hoping we'd make it at the stream.the gate.

the grass was well grown.not too tall and not too short ,not too thick either.however,it was a bit dry and there were a few patches here and there but it looked beautiful.the canopies were a bit further apart.then from a distance i heard water flowing.

"we're almost there."

"you look almost scared.is there something your not telling me."

"ummm,it's just that..... centrals stream is guarded. more of like it's not just another stream.i've heard stories." i myself had never been to the gates so i wasn't sure what to expect but it couldn't be good.as we got closer ,we heard voices(people).we looked at each other not knowing whether that was a good thing or a bad thing .he signaled me to be quiet ,not to make a sound as he silently went forward to some bushes to hide and take a better look.