CHAPTER 15:THE KEEPER OF THE WOODLANDS

"he has been seated on his chair, unable to move for the longest time. he wasn't receiving guests, but he specifically asked me to let you in. " i gave D a look. could it be that what we had to say was so important that he foresaw it. "You have to make it quick. There's a healer coming to see him in ten." no problem at all. We could get in ,give him the information, and then walk out. i had to get back home as soon as possible.

We came to a dark blue curtain. The assistant pulled it back for us with a smile on his face. Welcoming us.we walked through slowly .it was a dark room.not so big.it had books everywhere, among other things I couldn't identify. quite messy and in the middle, a captain's chair. on it, THE KEEPER.

i couldn't make out his face. i walked closer. then suddenly he opened his eyes and two turquoise coloured eyes shone from the shadows.i stopped and stood still.daimakn was right beside me.he held my hand .for some reason he always calmed me down by holding my hand.i didn't understand how he did that.

"Come,i am the keeper .i can not do harm?"

his voice was shaky but deep.he spoke with all the voices of the world in unison. Imagine everyone in the world saying the same thing at the same time, then imagine it harmonized. it sent me into a trance, and i immediately walked toward him. A steady step after another .i wasn't there yet, but it felt as though i was standing right beside him, and everything else had faded away. "You have a message for me?"

"Yes ,i do. We were held captive by some people .they were ..."he cut me short."i already know "well would you look at that .he already knew, and we'd wasted all that time trying to get it to him." There's another reason why you're here today."
i looked at him, searching his eyes, looking for an answer or an explanation.i was about to ask what he meant .when he groaned in pain. And my trance wore off. something like i had woken up from a coma.it took me a minute to register before i could make sense of it all his assistant asked us to step out, and a healer got in after us.

i was still in confusion. we went out the same way we came in .i wasabsent-mindedd the whole time walking out. i came to when we stepped out of the keepers' house outside his front door.

"What just happened in there?"we asked each other at the same time."i dont know, im a bit hazy."daimakn had his eyes closed.shaking his head, trying to get in his right mind.oh good .it wasn't just me.
"i told him everything.... he said he already knew."
wasn'tnt sure daimakn was there with me when i told the keeper.it felt like the keeper and i were talking in my mind.

"i just blacked out. didn't hear a thing."he said, blinking severally like how you do after staring at the sun or attempting to then you try to look at something else.

"How come?"i wasn't sure i trusted him .he must've heard something .that or the keeper talked to him in private like he talked to me and he didn't want to tell me about it.i hid my suspicion .i needed to sit. "Well, that happened. "it was a little disappointing. on the bright side. we came ,we saw. we did our part."i need a seat." i was looking around for a seat .

we hadn't moved from the keeper's door. i spotted some seats by the wall of the hallway."there.im sure you need a seat too."
at the back of my mind, i still had the feeling of being followed or watched .there were a few people around that part of the building.nothing seemed out of the ordinary .after all ,my head wasn't in the right place.i pinched myself to make sure I wasn't sleep walking. It sure as hell felt like I was.

we sat there in silence .i was replaying what had just happened in my mind. the keeper's words .one by one."you have a message for me?""i already know, ""there's another reason why ,you're here today." , and then his last words after that.i didn't quite catch them .my mind had blocked out his last words, so i couldn't remember what he said after that.i just knew i didn't like it. It was what made me feel hazy. it threw me out of the trance. what was it? was it something important.

my thoughts were interrupted by the loud sound of a horn.i was startled, so i jumped to my feet.what was that? My adrenaline kicked in.then, in no particular order ,my mind registered the sound.it could only be one thing.those horns sounded for one reason, and one reason only the doors to the keepers house swung open.

out walked the assistant .with a strange instrument in his hands."he's holding the biferin horn."i heard daimakn from the seat next to me.he stood up slowly, and his eyes widened in disbelief.