CHAPTER 8:CENTRAL'S MAGIC

He looked at me skeptically. He'd been looking at me like that lately .i bet all this was a little unexpected.all of this. but new things never hurt anybody. "Come .you can trust me. "he followed me slowly.

"run, we need to catch up with her .she's fast." we took off.I needed to go faster so i left daimakn on the ground and went up the trees.I threw down that tiny black dress that had been a bother and tied up some sheddings.he couldnt see me up here .i was too fast.i checked for him.just to make sure he wasn't too far behind . he was nowhere in sight so i slowed down and jumped down.

apparently i scared him.i had landed right in front him."what is wrong with you.?that .is creepy" i gave him a creepy smile to match it.he shook his head and continued running.i chuckled a little.i bet i wasn't that creepy right?he was just mad that i was faster than him."when did you get changed?" i heard him ask from a distance."doesnt matter.im comfortable now.oh and dont say you didnt get a head start by the way."i took off trying to catch up with him.

"head start?  for what?" before he could finish, i had passed him.wohooo.i was running so fast that it felt like the wind was carrying me.

we went past thick trees and thick bushes.past a few grazers and browsers.we slowed down to see the antelopes with huge curly horns.he was excited .i could tell .i mean he was smiling so hard. i couldnt help but get amused by his expression.see i told him there was magic in the woodlands.

some of the zebras joined us and we ran alongside each other like we were one of them .part of the herd.daimakn got a ride from one of the zebras."wanna race now?"

"no fair ,sweetie put him down now.lets hear that smack talk when hes on the ground."i spoke to the zebra but it took off with him.no way it was listening to me.so i joined em.timing a zebra while it was coming toward me in full speed.i got ontop of its magestic back.

the light leaked in from the spaces between the trees.the squirrels were running with us too.way up in the branches.for a second i wanted to join them up there.every animal here moved in harmony.

we were nearing an opening, clear of trees . the birds took over the sky .flying in formation.we got off the zebras while they were slowing down at the clearing .they had found a perfect spot to graze. daimakn was laughing harder than i ever thought he could."that...that was something else."

he was looking all around at the trees,the birds ,the gazelles, the zebras ,the light.he was going round and round looking up and down until he  finally stopped and fell.

"i bet i'd be dizzy too."i said as i joined him on the ground.he covered his eyes for a minute so that he could slow down the rate at which he was taking everything in."i mean talk about magical.i could stay here forever." he sat up and looked at me.it was beautiful.what this place did to people.i didnt want to miss an expression on his face.so i didnt notice i was staring.

"is there something on my face?" ooh shoot my bad .i looked away immediately and blushed.honestly being caught staring is one of the most uncomfortable situations ever.i cleared my throat"ummm,it's just that .this place ,"i took a deep breath.i inhaled looking around.taking it in."it does something to people.and i wanted to see what it did for you."

"yeah.it's not because .you were thinking about kissing me right now." he said it with a smirk waiting for me to react. this boy's ego.it's not even funny.i pushed him over and threw some dirt on his face playfully."you wish." he was laughing .i wanted to kick him.i got up and dusted myself up."we gotta go .it's getting dark."