chapter 19:DAIMAKN'S POV

i'd been lying there on my back for a couple of minutes.i kind of got lost in thought.it was nosiy outside so i couldnt sneak in five minutes of shut eye.finally ,i gave up on trying . i got up and decided to go out and check out the keeper's domain.maybe help cas out with her protectors thing.there was really nothing else to do in the room.unless cas was in here with me.

i giggled to myself at that thought as i walked out of the room and locked it.the noise was much louder outside the room.it was like the market place in the grasslands.people were all over.

from the second floor ,you could see all the way down the main hallway and all the way up.it was like the space in between two buildings.the hallways roof was all the way up to the last floor.it was pretty wide too. people sold some of their commodities on either side of it and still left a lot  of room for people to walk and pass through.

i was at the verandah of the second floor.leaning on the railings.looking up and down at the place.i spotted a place where spiritual students were calling on others to join them for their pre ceremony meditation.others were soaking wet,splashing water on passers by,welcoming them to the ceremony.it was pretty interesting down there .i wanted to join them so i went down the steps upto the ground floor.there was people traffic .i was squeezing my way around.maybe this wasnt such a good idea after all.i thought about going back to the room the minute i squeezed past some wet person.i made a disgusted face .that was it my mind was made.i was going back.id come to check it out when it was less crowded.

i was turning around to leave the hall and head up the stairs when i spotted cas,walking in through the hallyway's main entrance.i was about to holler at her.when i noticed she wasnt alone.so i swallowed my holler and scrutinized the person she was with.first of all whoa,he was big.he towered over cas.they were talking about something.i couldnt read lips but i assumed it was about the ceremonys or whatever.i wasnt going to bother them so i headed up to our room.

i jogged up the stairs trying to get there fast .they were pretty boring steps and they had less people traffic.i took advantage of the fact that i didn't have to squeeze  my way up.i landed on my floor and heaved a little.i caught my breath and headed for our room.i was unlocking my door when i saw cas and the huge guy,from the corners of my eye.did i see right?i turned and leaned on the railings .were they?,no.!the guy had his hands holding cas's face.

i tightened my jaw,trying to ignore the feeling of jealousy running through my veins but i knew my face betrayed me.there was jealousy n a little hurt written all of it.i clenched my fist ready to hit something but reason came back to me ."let it go man"i repeated to myself.let it go.cas was rubbing her face against his palm sweetly.i didn't want to see more so i finished unlocking the door and stormed in slamming the door shut.it's probably for the best.

chances were, that was her man.what was i thinking ?a girl like her?not messing around with someone already?i was pacing the room back and forth trying to get myself to let it go.i took in a deep breath and headed to the window.the light was still leaking in and splashing on the old floor .i leaned on the window frame .trying to get distracted by the activities going on outside.everyone was working together,it was like watching an ant colony gather food back to the ant hill.

almost all of the keeper's domain was in view from the window.i could see the other buildings and the pond in the middle.out of nowhere i spotted cas once more.she was standing in a smaller group closer to the pond.that guy was part of it too.i rolled my eyes.he's not all that.aside from his huge frame hes not all that.i tried to console myself.what was i doing though?this couldnt possibly be getting to me.

the minute the ceremony was over i was leaving on my own.i couldnt be around cas any longer.it wouldnt be an enjoyable feeling for me.i was having a conflicted mind staring into nothingness.

i snapped out of it when i saw cas waving at me from the group at the pond.shit i wanted to get out of view and hide.then i thought about it.that wasn't  so smart .so i staid my ass there and waved back as if it didnt bother me .with a perfect fake smile.she hand signaled me to join her down by the pond.how? why? why did she want me to join her .how would i join her and watch her go at it with her man.well this is just great.i said to myself.and signaled back that i was going to be with her in a second.

being the king of handling awkward situations this was a piece of cake.just act like you don't know shit .i whispered to myself on the way there.