chapter 9:LOOK UP

the sun was setting.the lights were beautifully changing at the horizon.we'd been walking in silence.i needed mine.my silence.i was completely flushed.im talking low energy levels.i wanted to sleep.i hadn't slept for a while.when we  were captured,i didn't even want to think about sleeping.i could barely close my eyes for a second. "home sweet home."i thought out loud.

"are we?cause i can't see anyone." daimakn.i don't know when he's gonna learn.i turned around and walked toward him.almost angry."daimakn."i was an inch close to him.he was about to move back as though i was going to attack him.i smiled slightly .you know, a really tired smile.if i was gonna hurt him.i would've done it already.anyway i pointed above us"look up."he gazed upwards with a priceless expression.

"NO.  how?  i mean. no." he couldnt believe it."how did you even build all of that?" i bet there were a million and one questions behind how we build our homes up in the trees .especially since it was perfectly safe to build them on the ground. i had to laugh .i just knew he was bothered by the fact that he had to finally climb up.i could tell he dreaded that.

the houses were webbed up on the branches with walk paths and bridges from tree to tree.it was a full village so high up on the trees you couldnt see all of it down here.i mean the trees were exceptionally tall around here .that's why we chose to live here. we were one with the forest.the flowers attracted swarms of fireflies.so the fireflies lived with us and gave light to the village they were everywhere.on the door steps ,inside the houses ,on the walk paths. so many of them in so many different colours .

the people were perfectly fine living above .coming down occasionally for food and water.they had their farms on the ground .they didn't really need to come down for fruits that grew way up in the trees.

a lot of animals would pop up here and there but there was a silent respect.we lived together.however, the animals were wilder ,they'd leave and  migrate spreading across the woodlands while we preferred to stay and build permanent homes. that's not to say you couldnt live wildly with the animals .

"well someone's gonna have a hard time getting around."i said under my breath.chuckling.i just had to see this."we'll spend the night in my family's house.then we'll be off to see the keeper in the morning."he gave me an angry look.i laughed it off"just follow me."