chapter 16:A GRAND EXIT

my heart stopped."what?" "no" i felt the denial crawl into me.then with no warning, a beam of light shot up from the keeper's house.a sonic boom bursted through my ears and rang in my mind.imagine a loud boom that came followed by a strong force that pushed us off our feet then when we thought it was over, a high pitch whistle followed .it faded as it got louder.it qiueted down almost immediatley .leaving an eerie silence.the beam of light burst into multiple colours spiraling across each other.creating a magnificent helix like spectrum.

i had fallen to my seat,holding my hands over my ears.it was over but the sound was still ringing in my ears.uuuurgh.it was painful .a fact i ignored as i stumbled toward the keepers door.the assistant was saying something . i couldnt quite catch it.i was in post explosion mode.everything was blurry and i couldnt hear clearly.

when i got to the assistant ,i held on to him for support but to no avail ,i fell to the ground."the keeper has left us." i read his lips.no . it couldnt be.so i got up and tried to force back my hearing ability."no.what?..what? "i couldnt even hear myself.

"the keeper has left us."i could no longer deny it.the beam of light shooting toward the sky was proof enough.that meant the woodlands no longer had a protector.a keeper.those people after us would take advantage of that opportunity.what type of mess had i gotten myself into.they would surely find us and execute their plan.who could tell how long it would take the earth and the sky to choose another keeper.how could this happen.we had just talked to him.he didnt seem like a dieing man.he simply seemed unwell.

daimakn was still standing back at the seats.he looked more shattered than i was.i mean i was acting up but he seemed more affected.i pulled myself together and walked over to him.i didnt know daimakn that well.to be honest, i had just invited him to my world without second thought but now he was someone i didnt know who knew me,  almost completley. it wasnt important since we were only stuck together for this purpose and it was pretty much over. still,i just wanted to know why this affected him.why the biferin horn almost scared the living lights out of him?he was so much mystery.i shouldnt be interested but...

"what are we gonna do?"daimakn was completely unsettled.

"we got the message to the keeper,we did our part.so now we go."

"do you think this is just going to go away?"

he made a fine point .it wasn't going to go away, but there was nothing more we could do.nature would take its course and correct that mistake.maybe the message would be passed on to the next keeper."daimakn,there's nothing more we can do.the keeper told me he already knew .way before i told him about it. trust nature to take care of everything."

my words weren't helping ,he wasn't calmed at all.i could feel his distress .i bowed my head in disappointment.i bet this was something more to him.but to me. it was just something i needed to do and fast so i could go be with my mother.not that i was being insensitive to the passing of the keeper.we all felt the heaviness in our hearts.but i was more worried of the same fate meeting my mother."look lets just go home for now,then we can plan what to do next ?"

that convinced him,because he was finally compliant .he got up.we were about to go when the keeper's assistant stopped us.