Chapter 6

At breakfast the next morning, I noticed Fabian was sitting with his brother and sister over at the Gryffindor table while Zac was sitting at the Ravenclaw table with his sister. Edward was nowhere to be found and Charles was down with the rest of Slytherin quidditch team.

"Post!" Someone yelled as soon as a massive swarm or owls came flying in. I turned to see my owl, Sage, fly in. She landed in front me eyeing my food. I pinched off a piece of bread and gave it to her.

"Dear Charlotte,

This is your parents. We have found more suitors of pure blood for you. Don't come home during Christmas because we will be in Australia visiting your grandparents. Don't associate yourself with anyone of lower blood status. Happy Christmas.

Your Parents"

My parents are going to Australia without us. Australia was where I was born. I grew up there until we moved here when I was 10. I was one of the only people here with an Australian accent.

"Hello Charlie!" My friend, Elena, sat down in front of me. She was my only roommate and one of my best girl friends besides Lily.

"Hey El" I smile. She starts scooping some potatoes onto her plate with an evil smirk.

"So" she starts. "I heard you've been with Sirius Black" she says as she wiggles her eyebrows.

"No! He's been following me as if I'm his next target"

"That's because you are, Charlotte! Haven't you heard? He's going after you so he can cross your name off his list. Once he does that, he has to go after me and Lily Evans and then he just has Ravenclaw house girls left which are a lot easier! No offenses to Ravenclaws" She said whispering so no one around us would hear. "You can't let him get to you"

"What about you and Andrew?" I ask, knowing she's been with another sixth year Slytherin named Andrew Ockerman since third year. "What happens when he comes after you?"

"He'll just have to wait and find out" She smirks before Andrew walks over and sits next to Elena.

"Hey Charlotte" he smiles. His blue eyes shining with mischief.

"Hey babe, since it's Saturday, you want to go play quidditch with me and the team?" He asked Elena who nodded before Andrew kissed her and ran toward the boys. Elena was the only girl on the Slytherin quidditch team. Most thought she was playing for the other team or was a complete whore because of all the guys but then Andrew came along and people know that she's off limits. Except for Black of course. Elena was a chaser while Andrew was the keeper. They always made the pun that Andrew was a keeper and to be honest, Andrew is perfect for her. She's crazy and spontaneous while he's more level headed. She was almost put in Ravenclaw but something compelled the sorting hat otherwise.

"I better go control him and the guys" she smiles before getting up and following the mob of boys. She's 5'4 maybe and all the guys are over 6' so she looks like a second year compared to them.

I get up and go down towards the Quidditch pitch for the Slytherin Ravenclaw game. Both of my brothers would be playing today along with Elena and Andrew. I used to be on the team as a chaser until my mother found out and deemed it "unladylike" and "improper for a young lady." My mother also thinks that ladies should wear makeup and that we should avoid wearing pants. In my dorm, I have so much of the best makeup, I've never touched it.

Other students know me as the prim and proper Charlotte Asher, who is the perfect example of a Pureblood girl. They think I pack on the makeup and that I am unable of doing things for myself.

Well that's going to change.