Chapter 15

"Now, Ms. Asher, your parents have instructed me to leave you here with your peer for two days then come retrieve you both" Dumbledore said, pity in his voice before nodding and apparating with a loud pop.

I let out a groan before taking in my surrounding. A field. Ugh. I saw a small house in the distance surrounded by the tall grass that I was currently standing in. I shrugged before making my way towards the house. I walked in the see a small sitting room that lead to a smaller kitchen and one bedroom and bathroom.

"Hello" I heard a voice making me turn around quickly to be met with my worst nightmare.

There, in the doorway to the bedroom, stood Sirius Orion Black with a concerned expression.

"Black?" I said snapping out of my daze. "Why are you here?"

"I received a letter from my parents saying I had to spent two days with a girl that they set me up wi-" he stopped mid-sentence before his eyes grew. "You're the girl"

------------

"What are we going to do?" I said as I sat on the couch in the front sitting room. Sirius sat across from me in one of the armchairs.

"We'll just spend the next two days like normal and afterwards we'll go back to our lives" he shrugs before leaning back and putting his feet up on the white coffee table.

A knock on the door echoed through the small cottage before an envelope is slid through the mail slot. I go and pick up the small crimson square.

"It's for us" I said, worried about what the letter said. Before I could hand it to him, it jumped from my hands and a face formed.

"Children,

You will not behave in a casual manner. You will receive a list of tasks that will need to be completed. If these tasks are not complete within 48 hours, you will remain at the cottage until they are.
Charlotte, while we are in Australia. You will come back to the cottage with your suitor.

Signed
Walburga and Orion Black
Harold and Francesca Asher"

The letter dropped out of the air as soon as the face disappeared. I stared at Black with fear evident on my face. I was on the brink of tears and I think he could sense the most because he got up and engulfed me in a hug.

"Shh, a pretty girl like you shouldn't have tears on her face" he whispered pulling me closer. I heard a shuffle of papers. Black turned to pick something up and returned with two pieces of parchment.

"We have two lists of tasks" he said looking at the two different scrolls. "One is labeled Affection and the other is labeled Introductions."

I took one of them to see the familiar boxes and handwriting. "My parents used to make these when I was younger. We had to do chores and the box won't fill until the task is done"

"Well, let's start on the Introduction list first" he said looking at the list in my hand.

"Say your full name and birthday" he read before shrugging, sitting down in the armchair and looking up. "Sounds simple enough."

"My full name is Charlotte Annabelle Persephone Asher and I was born on 24 December 1958" I say as I look him in the eye. He nods before clearing his throat.

"My name is Sirius Orion Black and I was born 3 November 1959" I watch as the box next to the first line fills in. I smile but look to Sirius for the next to task.

"State two personal facts that nobody else knows" he read before looking up at me.

"I went first last time"

"Fine, After a particularly fun night featuring copious amounts of fire whiskey, I was found naked in the great hall by Flitwick and McGonagall" he said his neck and ears turning a light shade of red.

"Really?" He nodded before looking to me.

"I'm a Metamorphamagus" I said softly. He just stared at me.

"Really?" He said in awe. I nodded before changing my red hair to a black making him jump a little. "Wow, nobody knows this?" I shook my head no making him nod his head.

"Another fact about you"

"I can speak fluent French and I know how to ballroom dance" he said confidently. I giggled as he glared at me.

"What about you?"

"I didn't want to be in Slytherin. The real reason I'm in Slytherin is because the day before my sorting, my father got mad at me and my sister and hexed us. So when I went to Hogwarts, I didn't want to upset him. I asked the hat to put me in Slytherin." I said. I looked up to him staring.

"That's fucked up"

"I know" I said before grabbing the parchment and seeing the box was filled in.

Just then, another red envelope slid through the slot in the door. I went to pick it up just for it to jump up like before.

"Children,

The two lists are magically enchanted so that you must complete tasks from both lists. You are not allowed to complete three tasks in a row from the same lists.

Your parents"

"Hand me the other list" he said reluctantly yet holding his hand out. I handed him the sheet of paper.

"Name one romantic encounter that you regret" he said before looking up.

"I think we both know each other's answer" I chuckled. "Zachary Daniels"

"Lily Evans"

We continued with the lists until we got tired. We found out that our parents or whoever set all this up, fully stocked the kitchen and toilets, so Sirius cooked dinner. He was determined and focused the entire time but he managed to do it.

"An item on the list is to sleep in the same bed in a close proximity to each other" Sirius said, reading off the paper before looking at me then to the Queen sized bed.

"Fine" I sigh before walking into the toilets to change. Afterward, I walked out to find Sirius under the duvet.

"Come on, love." He smiled, patting the bed next to him. "I don't bite. That much"