Chapter 16

We remained in the small cottage for the rest of the next day, trying to go through the least awkward of the tasks but we were slowly getting to the big ones. We noticed there was a town in the distance, it must take about an hour to get there by walking.

"Have you ever been in love?" I said, reading the question off of the Attraction list before shifting my gaze up to Black, who stood in the doorway.

"I don't know" he said hesitantly.

"The box won't fill if you lie" I said fiddling my thumbs while playing with the piece of parchment.

"I have been in love" he said with a sigh before looking up at me.

"I have never been in love because my parents have always set me up with boys" I said watching as the box filled in. I handed him the list as I sat back on the couch.

"Uhhh.... Asher... you're not going to like this one" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"What's the question?" I deadpanned with my eyes closed.

"It's not a question. It's more like a dare" I heard voice. My eyes opened and I looked at the boy leaning against the doorframe.

"Go skinny dipping"

"What in the name of Merlin..." I muttered as I grabbed the list and looked at the words. "Our parents must've gotten one of our siblings to write this."

"Well, we don't have a pool..."

"There's a lake..." I said to him.

"Let's go" he said.

"No." I said crossing my arms like a small child would. He looked back at me with a look of disbelief.

"No?"

"You heard me. No." I said turning around and plopping down on the floor, my arms still crossed.

"Fine." A second later, I felt hands lift me up and try to pull me away. I clawed at the ground, tried to weigh myself down as much as possible, I even latched onto the doorframe leading outside in attempt to avoid completing the demand. "Come on, Charlotte!"

I froze, allowing him to yank me free of my death grip on the doorframe.

"You called me Charlotte"

"That's your name isn't it?" He said. Taking off his shirt.

"Oh Merlin, Black" I said looking away. His hand took mine away from my eyes. I opened my eyes to see he had as much of a toned chest as a 16 year old could have. I noticed he had one of those muggle tattoos on the side of his body. It said "Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride." It suited him. Everything about it. The meaning, the font, the placement.

"I didn't know you had a tattoo"

"Just to defy my parents. I got one" he smiled. Not smirked. An actual smile.

"I've always been fascinated by them." I said tracing the ink of the words on his body. He chuckled before putting his shirt back on.

"Come on"

---------------

"Where are we?" I said after an hour of walking at this point Black was dragging me behind me.

"It's time you confronted your fears" he said with a smile as he stopped and pushed a door to a small shop open. I look at window to see it read 'Frozen Luck Tattoos.'

"No, Black" I said hesitating.

"Come on, it won't be that bad. I'll get one too" he smiled as he lead me in by the small of my back.

"Hey guys, what can I get ya today?" A tall man with a red beard and an Irish accent said walking up.

"Well, my girlfriend wants to get a tattoo, but doesn't know what to get" Black said. The guy chuckled and looked me up and down before handing Black a book that looked to be filled with butterflies.

He instantly handed it back. "I don't think she'll be into anything from the girly book. Do you have anything, I don't know, textual?" The guy nodded before turning around and handing him a bigger book.

"I know what I want" I spoke after staying silent for a while. I smile at Black before walking back with the man, Daniel. I sat down and wrote out two different designs. Daniel nodded before tweaking them a bit and going off to draw a stencil.

"Sudden surge of courage huh?" Black said.

"There's a bit you don't know about me" I smirked before laying down on the table as Daniel walked over. I lifted by shirt revealing the bottom of my black bra. I moved my hair revealing the tiny tattoo I had. It was a small half moon with intricate designs inside of it.

Daniel turns on the needle and starts. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt because it did. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it was going to but it still hurt like a bitch.

About an hour and a half later, I feel him wrapping the tattoo in plastic wrap to protect it before tattooing the other design on my wrist. After about an hour, he wraps my wrist. I get up as Black sits down.

"Don't worry, babe" I said with a smirk. "I know what you like"

I ran over to Daniel, who was getting a fresh needle.

"I need you to do this design on his wrist" I said giving him a design. He nodded and went over to sketch it out. I returned to Black to see him sitting there worried.

"Don't worry, love. You'll love it" I said with a smirk as Daniel came over and started to inject the ink into Black's skin.