Maya Tells Her Parents

Maya arrived home just in time for dinner, she opened the door and yelled, "I'm home! I also got great news!" Maya shut the door and walked in and saw her parents setting up the table. they both turned and saw Maya with a big smile on her face. "Hey kiddo. How was the movies and sleepover? Did everything turn out fine, when you told them the news?" Asked Shawn. "How about we set the table, and I tell you everything over dinner?" Responded Maya.

Shawn and Katy both nodded and started setting up the table and Maya bringing the food to the table. As they were eating Maya then answered Shawn's early answer, "Yes, I told them about Chai and at first they didn't take the news well but after telling them that Chai has truly changed. They accepted her and Riley forgave her for what happened in freshman year." Maya told them in an excited voice. Katy and Shawn both smiled proudly at Maya. "See kiddo, I told you everything well work out in the end!" Said Shawn.

Katy then remembered that Maya had great news, "Baby girl, didn't you say you had great news"? Asked Katy with a curious voice. Maya nodded "After the movies I walked Chai to her house and once we were outside her house. Chai kissed me and I kissed back! And today we met at Christopher Park and I confessed my feelings towards her, and asked her to be my girlfriend! And she said Yes" Maya told both her parents with an excitement in her voice. Katy and Shawn were shock at the news that Maya announced. Katy got over her shock and hugged Maya tightly, Shawn also joined the hug.

They ended the hug and all three had smiles on their faces, "I knew you had feelings for her! I just knew it by the way you spoke about her." Said Katy with a proudful voice. Both Maya and Shawn had amused smiles. Shawn faced Maya, "Congrats kiddo, I can't wait to meet Chai! I can see that you care a lot about her, even if you only known about her for a few days." Said Shawn.

Maya nodded, "I do care deeply about Chai. I could never bring myself to hurt her!" Responded Maya. Katy was about to speak when Maya continued speaking, "As for you wanting to meet Chai, how would you like to meet Chai and her parents tomorrow for dinner? Asked Maya. Both Katy and Shawn where shocked on what Maya just announced. "What do you mean by meeting Chai along with her parents?" Asked Shawn and Katy.

"I walked Chai to her house and we were caught kissing by Dylan who is Chai father. He invited me inside and I met Britt who is Chai mother, I told them how much Chai means to me and how I feel about her, and how I was so sorry that I didn't ask for their permission on dating Chai. They then agreed that Chai and I are allowed to date. Britt asked if I wanted to stay over for dinner but I declined the offer, and Chai suggested that I should ask you if they can come over for dinner so you can finally meet Chai along with her parents." Responded Maya. Both Katy and Shawn looked at each other. Katy smiled and nodded her head as well as Shawn. They both turned and faces and said, "Yes." Answered Shawn and Katy both smiling at Maya.

Maya hugged them tightly and repletely saying, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" Maya let go and took out her cell phone, "I gotta call Chai and tell her the news! Thank you so much!" Maya kissed them both on the cheek and ran to her room, already telling Chai the news.

Katy smiled at Maya and turned and saw Shawn with a small smile. Katy looked worried, "Shawn, are you okay? You don't look happy? Asked Katy with a worried voice. Shawn took a deep breath and cheeked if Maya closed her door, and then dragged Katy to the kitchen and whispered, "I'm happy for Maya and chai. But I always thought that it be Maya and Riley dating." Confessed Shawn.

"When I first met Maya, I actually thought that Riley and Maya were dating. Sure, Maya reminded me of myself along with the friendship she has with Riley. But they truly remind me of Cory and Topanga! There this generation Corpanga. The way they act around each other reminds me of Cory and Topanga, not to mention they act like a married couple! I know you also see the resemblance between the two!" Said Shawn.

"Yes, I see the resemblance between them. I always thought that during the triangle, Maya and Riley will realize their feelings for each other. But they didn't instead Riley started dating the cowboy and Maya was playing the long game with Josh. Then when Riley broke up with the cowboy I thought that Maya and Riley will finally realize their true feelings for each other. But they didn't realize it at all. Maybe this is a sign that Maya and Riley are just meant to be best friends?" Responded Katy.

"Katy their destined to be together! I know it. Because those two are the perfect role model couple for the universe and they belong together! There's no denying it! They complete each other!" Said Shawn trying to convince Katy not to give up.

"Shawn, I know that Maya and Riley are meant to be together since they were little. I watched them grow up. But it's not going to happen Shawn, and you need to accept it. Maya is now dating Chai, and she's happy. Maya's happiness is what matters most." Said Katy. Shawn nodded, "Yes, Maya's happiness matters to me the most and if Chai makes Maya happy. Then I accept it." Said Shawn.

Katy kissed Shawn and started picking up the plates and food, Shawn helped as well but couldn't help but think, "I know that in the end, Maya and Riley will be together! There's no doubt they'll be facing a lot of obstacle's."

Katy shipped Rilaya but gave up hope for she saw that it wasn't going to happen but is happy for Maya and Chai! Shawn supports Chaya but still has hope for Rilaya!