I'm Glad I Met You

Today, is their last day in Texas and Maya decided to surprise Scott and see if he wanted to spend the whole day together. Maya decided to pick up Scott and went to the address that Scott gave to Riley when Maya was asked to take more pictures. She arrived and saw that the address lead her to a orphanage. Maya cheeked if she had the right address and she did. Maya knocked on the door and it was answered by Scott who was surprised to see her.

"MAYA!" Scott shouted as he ran and hugged her. Maya stumbled but managed to catch her balance. Before Maya could reply the same lady from Chubbies appeared. "Scott. Who's at the door..." the lady then looks up and sees Maya and instantly recognizes her.

"Your Maya Hart! You beat the record of riding tombstone." The lady said excited making Maya laugh and blush. "So what can I do for you today?" Asked the orphanage lady. Maya ruffled Scott hair making him laugh.

"I actually wanted to ask if I can spend the day with Scott. Since, tomorrow my friends and I are heading back home. So, since today is my last day I decided to spend the day with Scott. Is that okay with you?" Maya asked the orphanage lady. She looked at Scott who was jumping with joy. She nodded which caused Maya and Scott to smile.

"C'mon, Maya. I wanna show you my room!" Scott said excitedly as he dragged Maya inside the orphanage. As they were walking Maya noticed all the kids where playing and some noticed her which caused them to stop playing. They arrived to Scott room and Maya saw toys but she mostly saw drawings hanging in his room.

"Scott, you drew these." Maya asked as she pointed to a drawing of her on top of tombstone. Scott looked nervous as he nodded scared that Maya will think it's awful.

"You have amazing talent. You make my drawings seem like an newbie." Maya said laughing. Scott was proud that his idol likes his drawings.

"C'mon Scott, let's take a walk and I'll buy you some ice cream as well." Maya said as she stepped out of Scott room with Scott following behind. Maya said goodbye and left the orphanage with Scott beside her.

"Maya, is it okay if I hold your hand?" Scott asked nervously. Maya smiled and held Scott hand causing him to smile. They walked to a ice cream cart and bought two vanilla ice cream cones. Maya paid the man and handed Scott his ice cream cone and thanked the man.

"I hope your okay, with vanilla Scott." Maya said as she licked her ice cream. "Its fine, I like vanilla ice cream. So, Maya. What do you wanna do." Scott asked as he licked his ice cream.

"Actually, you get to decide what you want us to do. So what do you want to do?" Maya asked. "Can we draw together. I never have anyone to draw with since they don't like the way I draw." Scott confesses with sadness. Maya felt bad for Scott, "You get to decide what you want to do today. And if you wanna draw then let's go buy some art supplies. But, first do you know where we can buy art supplies." Maya says as she laughs nervously making Scott laugh.

Scott, brings Maya to a store where they sell art supplies. Maya, buys two sketch pads and pencils and they head out to the park. The two seat down and see and start drawing whatever comes in their minds.

"Scott, can I ask you a question?" Maya asked as she kept drawing. Scott nodded as he drew. "How come you live in a orphanage? Did something happen to your parents?" Maya asked carefully. Scott stopped drawing once Maya asked, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to Scott, I'll understand." Maya said. "No, it's okay. I live in a orphanage because my parents abandoned me when I was a baby. They wrote me a letter saying they weren't ready to be parents and they just left me in the doorstep in a cardboard." Scott said with so much anger. Maya felt bad for him as she saw tears fall down from Scott eyes. Maya hugged him tightly and Scott returned the hug immediately.

"I'm sorry, Scott. I shouldn't have asked you." Maya said as the two broke apart form the hug. "It's okay, Maya. You just wanted to know." Scott replied with a slight smile.

"When I was eight years old. My father walked out on my mom and I. Making my mom work constantly so I barely saw her since she was working a lot to provide for us. But, now I get to see my mom and spend time with her thanks to Mrs. Matthews." Maya explained to Scott, "Did your dad ever return back?"'Scott asked curiously.

"Yeah, he came back when I was in the eighth grade. My class was assigned an assignment about forgiveness. I decided to write a letter to my dad thinking I could forgive him. But in the end no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't." Maya said as Scott listened, "Did he ever come back and ask for your forgiveness again?" Scott asked. Maya chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah he came back a few months ago. At first it didn't go so well but in the end I decided I wanted to get to know him. But, I haven't fully forgiven him yet." Maya confessed to Scott.

"Your really strong, Maya. I'm glad I got to meet you and know you. Especially, spend your last day in Texas with you. I'm really gonna miss you. I wish you didn't have to leave." Scott said as he hugged Maya once again.

"I'm gonna miss you, too. Scott. I'm also glad I got to spend my last day in Texas with you. I promise you. I'm always gonna be their for you." Maya said as she hugged back Scott.

The Texas saga is finally coming to end!
Do you think Maya and Scott will reunite again?
What did you think of Maya and Scott friendship?