It's Love When It Burns Ch 6

"You must be Ms. Sweary, do come in," an over eager Professor Slughorn says as I walk into class.

"Sorry I'm late Professor," I tell him as I walk around the tables filled with cauldrons and ingredients.

"No trouble at all, just find you a place to stand, I was giving instructions on how to properly brew a pot of Shrinking Solution," he explains as he points to where everyone was standing quietly.

I began making my way over when I notice among the students was Draco. He was standing off in the corner by himself. At first I debated with myself on going to stand beside him but the thought quickly vanished when I see a familiar patch of red hair in the front.

Ron stood by Harry snickering about something he must have said. I force myself not to look back over at Draco and I make my way over to where Ron was.

Once I was in place Slughorn begins going over the instructions again.

"Leianna, I'm surprised," Ron whispers to me, "and here I thought Harry and I was the late ones, you come strolling in almost ten minutes late."

"Shut it Ron," I warn him, "I have my reasons." I honestly did, somehow or another Ginny managed to get my book and I was left wandering around the room looking for it.

He snickered but said no more. I watched Slughorn as he picked up the ingredients and asked us questions about them. Of course, Hermione's hand always shot up first.

"Okay class, now I will break you into groups of two and let's see how you all do," Slughorn announces.

"Harry, you partner up with Ms. Bell," he says pointing to Harry, "Granger you and Lavender." Hermione rolls her eyes but says nothing.

"Sweary, since you and Weasley seem to know each other well you two can be partners," he states smiling at me.

He then turns his attention to the other students and I make my way over to a table with Ron following behind me.

"Leianna, try not to let us fail this," Ron says once we were at the table.

"Well, since I'm partnered with you, I find that highly likely," I mutter as I began grabbing the ingredients.

"Very funny," he replies, "That's not a good thing to say to your future brother."

I nearly drop the daisy roots. I look up at him, "Why do you keep saying stuff like that?"

He smiles and looks away, "No reason, I just enjoy seeing your face lose all color."

I pick up my book and hit him, "That's not funny Ron," I snap and hit him again, "Stop doing me like that."

"Sorry Leianna, it's funny," he says rubbing his arm.

I roll my eyes and look back down at the table. I pick up some of the leeches and hold them out to him, "Here, juice these," I say.

He looks at them in disgust, "How?"

I reach out and grab his hand, I flip it over and slam them down, "Figure it out."

I pick up the Daisy Roots and start shopping them up.

"This is gross," Ron comments. I look over at him a smile creeping on my face as a result of the expression on his face. He was really disgusted at squashing the leeche

"Oh stop your fussing little girl," I tease as I put the chopped up roots in the pot, "Go ahead and add a dash of it."

"How much is a dash?"

"Oh for the love of..." I let out a deep breath and take his hand which had a yet to be squashed leech in it. I hold his hand over the pot and use mine to squeeze it.