It's Love When It Burns Chapter 34

I stood on the balcony overlooking the Dark Forest. I watched the rustling of the trees and the sound of movement coming from the many creatures that dwelled in there.

I undone my arms that I had so tightly crossed.  

I reach up to the stone around my neck, something I had done all morning to distract myself. I was nervous, nervous about being around the crowd of people that I knew were arriving even now.

The funeral was soon. In no less than an hour I had to walk down to the Black Lake, with all of the other students to pay respect to the late headmaster.

The thought alone causes my eyes to water. It was a terrible day, a day that will be known forever in the wizardry world.

"Leianna," I hear a voice call out.

I wipe my eyes the turn my head to gaze at the figure coming towards me.

Of all people it was Harry, which took me completely by surprise.

 I could tell he was fighting the urge to cry himself, to let out his anger and sadness.

"Harry," I say as I shift my eyes from his back to the forest.

"George is helping Molly," he says first obviously explaining why it was he who has come to fetch me.

 I hear him walking over to where I stood. I glance sideways at him once he finally came to a halt beside me.

"Is... is it time for the funeral?" I ask breaking the silence.

"No, not yet," he replies looking down.

Again I could tell he was fighting not to break down in front of me. He was such a strong person not to.

Going with my gut I turn towards him. I wrap my arms around him laying my head on his shoulder.

He loosely puts his arms around me, "I can't do this Leianna," he confides after a couple of seconds, "I can't go down there, how am I supposed to see him?"

"Harry," I say as I pull away from him, "You can do this, you are strongest person I know."

"I don't feel that way right now," he replies.

I give him a weak smile and place my hand on his shoulder, "I know, but you got to fight those feelings. You have been through so much yet you have pulled through."

He glances away from me and I take my hand off his shoulder. I put it under his chin and pull his face back to me.

"Look at the brightside Harry," I say smiling, "You have us, your friends, with you."

This causes him to smile, "Yeah."

I let out a soft laugh and step close to him, bringing him back into a hug.

"Thanks Leianna," he whispers to me.

"What are friends for," I say back.

He chuckles and pulls away from me.

"We better get going," he tells me, "You ready?"

I let out a deep breath, "As I'll ever be."

Many of the other students had already made their way down to the lake. By the time Harry and I arrived, most of the seats were taken.

"I see George over there," Harry says.

I follow where he points to and see George with an open seat beside him

"I'm going to go sit with Ron and Hermione," Harry tells me, "I'll see you later."

He walks on up to where Hermione and Ron sat in the first roll of seats. I, on the other hand, headed to where George sat.