It's Love When It Burns Chapter 36 ~End

I kept silent as I followed George up to his room, away from the prying eyes of his family.

He opens his bedroom door and turns to me, "Sorry for the mess."

I roll my eyes and try to hide my smile, "Okay."

He walks inside, reaching back and taking my hand in the process.

His room wasn't messy, well it wasn't clean, but it was far from what I would consider a mess. He had a few clothes piled in a corner, his desk was covered in papers, but nothing that would make the room be considered a mess.

"Leianna," I hear George say my name, drawing my attention back to him. He was facing me now, he reaches out and take my other hand.

"I'm sorry for how I acted towards you," he begins, "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, it was wrong, but what I did, what I said about Draco, I'm not sorry for that."

I didn't know what to say, all I could do was just look at him. How could I respond to that? I mean, I was glad he apologized, but about Draco, I didn't know what to say to that.

He loosens his grip on my hand and pulls them to his chest, causing me to step forward.

"You need to understand my perspective," he states looking from our hands to my eyes, "Leianna, he brought the Deatheaters into the school, he allowed them in, and look what came of it, Dumbledore's dead, and look at Bill's face."

I down my head, "I know George," I say softly, "But, maybe he had reasons, maybe he was threatened."

"How so?" he asks lifting my face up with the end of his finger.

"Well maybe the Dark Lord threatened his life," I explain. I didn't want to mention what other reasons Draco had told, not that Voldemort used me against him.

"I still couldn't have done it Leianna, not risk the life of other students, of people I knew, just to save my own life," he tells me, "I would have rather died."

I took a deep breath, "But what if your family was threatened, what if my life was threatened, would you have done what he said?"

George just looked at me, clearly lost in thought.

"Is that what he told you Leianna?" George asked.

"Well, yes," I reply honestly.

"Leianna," he said shortly looking at me, "Did you honestly believe that."

I couldn't stop the offensive look that I know crossed my face. He made it seem like I was naïve, that I was gullible.

"Yeah, I believed him," I told him coldly, "I would do that same for the people I love, wouldn't you?"

"Would you want me to?" he asks, "Would you want me to risk everyone in that school, everyone just because I love you? Don't get me wrong, I love you and I would try my best to protect you, but what would you think of me if I had gotten other people killed just because I love you."

I go to speak but close my mouth, I hadn't thought of it like that. I was so wrapped up in the idea that Draco loved me that I hadn't really given much thought into it. What if someone I had truly cared about, like Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and all the other people I had grown close to, what if they were killed all because I was the reason.

"I didn't think of it like that," I told him, "No, I wouldn't want that."

"Exactly," George agrees, "Now look at the result of his actions."

"Oh God," I say covering my mouth, "It is my fault, if I had just..."

"No, don't go there," George said cutting me off, "Leianna it's not your fault, it was his."