It's Love When It Burns Chapter 15

"Is it too fluffy Leianna?" Hermione asks as she twirls around in front of me.

"You look great Hermione," I state and she really did, her hair was pulled up in loose curls, her dress was mid length, barely past her knees.

I stand up and smooth out my dress, "What do you think of me, how do I look?" I ask her as I strike a crazy pose.

She laughs at my crazy posture, "Other than the way you're standing, you look good too."

I giggle and make my way over beside her, "You ready?"

She lets out a deep breath, "As I will ever be."

We lace our arms together and make our way to the door.

"So, can I know who you are going with now?" I ask as we descend from the stairs.

"Umm...," she hesitates but then I see her eyes go wide, "Oh God."

I follow her gaze to the foot of the stairs. I almost laugh at who was standing looking at her as if he could ravish her.

"Cormac," I say looking from him to Hermione who drops her gaze to the floor.

I turn my gaze back to where Cormac and Ron were standing, both looking entirely uncomfortable with the others company.

When I get to the last step Ron reaches out and takes my hand in his, "I bet George wishes he could see you right now," he whispers.

I smile and kiss his cheek, "Thank you Ron."

I watch as he gaze moves from me to where McLaggen takes Hermione's hand.

"You look incredible," he tells her as he snakes his loose hand around her waist.

"You look..." she stumbles for words, "Good yourself."

I stifle a laugh and Ron look like he could bite a nail.

"Don't get so worked up," I whisper to him, "Now come on."

****************

We get to the party and Ron stays by my side for the most part. Hermione had managed to finally escape Cormac and was no where to be found.

"Have you seen my date Sweary?" Cormac asks me yet again, "She seems to have disappeared."

I look around the room, pretending to search for her, "Dunno McLaggen, perhaps she went to powder her nose," I reply bluntly.

"Oh..." he mumbles, "If you see her..."

"I will let you know,"i finish the sentence. 

He turns and walks back into the crowd.

I sigh and glance around the room trying to locate where Ron had ran off to. Just then someone reaches over my shoulder with a cup of punch.

"There you are," I state turning around and taking the cup from Ron.

"Thought you could use something to drink," he states.

I lift the cup to my lips and take a long drink.

"McLaggen is still on the prowl," I state, "Seems he still hasn't located Hermione."

Ron finished his drink and ditches it on the first waiter that went by, "Good, the bloody idiot needs to lay off."

I smile and lift my cup back to my mouth, "Seems to me someone is a little jealous," I tell him as I take a drink.

He snorts loudly, "Whatever."