It's Love When It Burns Chapter 18

I look at myself in the mirror. The outfit Ginny loaned me wasn't nothing grand, but I was sure to thank her for it.

I lift my hair and tieback my loose curls out of my face.

With my hair out of the way, my eyes go directly to what I had around my neck.

Out of instinct, I lift my hands and place my fingertips on the cool stone. My eyes traveled from the necklace up to my earrings that matched.

I had stowed them away in my trunk as soon as I was alone in the house, to try and get them out of my sight, so I wasn't tempted to wear them. But over time, it ate at me till I got the necklace and earrings back out.

"That's beautiful," I hear someone say from behind me.

I jump startled and whirl around.

"Ginny," I say realizing who it was, "You scared me."

She smiles and walks more into the room we shared. She strolls in front of me and stares at the necklace.

"That's a beautiful stone," she states as she reaches out and touches it.

"Thanks..." I reply awkwardly.

She lets it fall back to my neck, "Where did you get it?"

I lift my hand to hold the stone, "It... was a gift, last year," I explain keeping it short and vague.

"I like it," she says interrupting my thoughts, "You should wear it more often."

I smile and glance down at it, "Yeah, I think I will."

"Oh I almost forgot why I came up here," she says, "Mum sent me to fetch you so we can go shopping."

"We're going today?" I ask her.

"Yep," she chirps, "You can burrow one of my scarves over there if you want, the blue would match your coat."

I glance over to where she had motioned, "Thanks, I'll wear it then."

She smiles and turns, "See you downstairs."

I walk over to the coat stand and take off my jacket. I slip my arms inside and then reach over for the scarf. After wrapping in around my neck I grab my gloves and head towards the door.

As I was walking out, and putting on my gloves, I run into something.

"Heading out eh?" George asks with humor in his voice.

I look up at him surprised, "Yeah, your mom, me, and Ginny are going out."

He leans against the doorframe, "So you all are going to have a girl day?"

"Yeah, you can join too, we were going to get our hair done, and nails..."

"Very funny love," he interrupts.

I smile and put on the best innocent face I could manage, "I'm serious, I'm sure we could get your hair rolled," I state as I reach up and run my hand through his hair.

He brushes my hand away laughing, and takes it firmly in his. He pulls me to him and lets my hands go once they were around his neck.

"You have fun," he says wrapping his arms loosely around my waist, "I'll be at the store if you want to come by later."

I lean up and give him a quick kiss, "I'll see you later then."

He lowers his head down and kisses me, "See you then."

I smile and unlace my hands from his neck.

He smiles down at me but as he gaze goes down further, the smile falters.