It's Love When It Burns Ch 12

"I hate parties, I really do," Hermione says as we sat in Honeydukes.

"Well at least you were invited," Ron mumbles before taking a sip of his drink.

"Seriously Ron, I really don't mind taking you as my guest," I exclaim.

He shakes his head, "No, Lavender would have a fit."

I hear Hermione snort and she lifts her glass to her lips.

"Why, are you not allowed to have friends that are girls?" I ask questioningly. 

He looks at me with eyes wide, "It's all she talks about. You, Hermione, if I like either of you," he covers his face with his hands, "It's maddening."

I bust out laughing at his misery. I never understood why he put up with her if she made him feel so miserable. 

Hermione was still staring off in the distance, trying to not be part of the conversation.

I give her a quick smirk then turn my attention back to Ron, "It's fine either way Ron, I thought I would just give you a chance to come."

He runs his hands down his face with a sigh, "Thanks anyways Leianna."

I nod and glare down at my cup. Truth of the matter was that I had no one to go with, and furthermore it wouldn't look right if I went with someone George didn't know. Ron was a good choice, but it looks like I must go alone then.

"Oh for the love of God," Hermione mumbles while rolling her eyes.

I cast her a confused look then I see what was bothering her. Bouncing up to our table was a overly enthusiastic Lavender . 

"There you are!" Lavender shouts as she wraps her arms around Ron's neck, "I've been looking for you," she says as she kisses his cheek.

Already Ron's cheeks were pinking, he lets out a nervous laugh, "I told you I was here with my friends."

She glances around the table, her eyes focusing on Hermione, then they flick to mine, "I see."

She snaps them away from us just as quickly. She then brings her face close to Ron's, "I thought we could go for a walk, the snow is so pretty and we can talk."

"Snog is more like it," Hermione murmurs.

I smile and glance from her to Lavender who smiles faintly then rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, let's go then," Ron says obviously feeling the odd tension between the two.

I watch Ron stand and slip his coat back on.

"Bye Ron," Harry says smiling mischievously to him.

"Have fun," I laugh out. The poor boy looked absolutely dreadful.

 He lets out a sigh as Lavender wraps her arm through his and they make their way towards the door.

My eyes follow them out, and land on someone familiar walking in.

Draco walks in and takes off his hat. I quickly dart my eyes from him and glance over at Harry . His eyes were keenly focused on Draco.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Hmm...?" he says snapping himself off Draco, "Oh sorry, what did you say?"

"I was asking if you were okay," I tell him, "You looked way too focused."

He smiles and shakes his head, "I'm okay, thanks for asking Leianna."

I nod and turn to Hermione who was still sulking, drumming her fingers profusely on the rim of her glass.