It's Love When It Burns Chapter 21

"Are you sure about this?" I ask George looking from him back to the small band he held at his fingertips.

"Are you not?" he questions in return.

"George I..." I stammer, "I care deeply about you, but are we ready for this kind of commitment?" I question him. Truth was I didn't know if I was ready for it, after all I came here to tell him I had kissed Draco.

"I think we are," he replies looking slightly offended, " I know you, everything about you, and you know me just as well," he continues, "We love each other and I believe you want to be with me like I do you so what more do we need to be ready for?"

"I just... we both are still so young, and you have this business to run," I go on giving more reasons.

"Do you not want to marry me?" he asks directly cutting me off.

I look up into his eyes and I could tell he was hurt and offended by me not saying yes right off.

I couldn't help it, for one I was still a student, and to be engaged already...

"It's not like I want us to run off and get married right now," he states cutting through my thoughts, "I just want to be engaged to you."

But the question still remained, was I ready for the commitment.

I had never thought I would be in the position, not right now at least. But I had to give him an answer.

"George I am not ready to get married right now," I say, "Maybe later on."

"Like I said, I don't want to get married no time soon Leianna," he laughs nervously, "I mean you are still in school and I just started all this," he adds motioning to the room.

"But still, I'm not ready for that kind of commitment George."

He looks down at the ring in his finger. I hate to hurt him this way. I let out a deep breath, 

"But I guess so George, as long as you are talking about way into the future."

His eyes widen, "Really?"

I force a smile onto my face, "Yes."

He lets out a long breath, "I thought you were going to say no there for a minute."

I was saying no, in a sense, but I couldn't bring myself to say just that simple word. He was so nervous, so sure I would say yes that when I was giving me reasons why it wasn't the best idea for now, I could see the hurt on his face.

He smiles then he bends down and kisses me softly on the lips.

I wrap my hands loosely around his shoulders, I wanted to melt into the kiss but my mind was elsewhere.

I still hadn't told him what just happened between Draco and I. I pull away from him and look down, morally disgusted with myself and my actions.

"Are you okay?" he asks me, "I thought you would be happier."

"I am happy about this George," I begin, "But you never let me finish what I wanted to tell you earlier."

"Which is?"

"Draco and I..."

"No," he stops me, "Stop right there, I don't want to here anything about you combined with his name. If something happened between you to that you are trying to tell me about I will stop you right there. This here," he lifts my hand, "Is a brand new start. Let's forget the past."

"Are you sure about that?" I ask, "Because I'm not, I still feel," I wanted to finish my sentence, to explain to him that I wasn't sure I still didn't have feeling for Draco  but he cuts me off again.