It's Love When It Burns Ch 11 part 2

Draco....

Draco couldn't stop the smile that formed on his lips. Of course he had his doubts that the elixir wouldn't have worked, but in time he saw how she truly felt.

She still loved him, the potion had induced her true feelings for him, though he apparently didn't make it strong enough. It was enough though to show him the truth.

No matter how she tried to push him away it still remained that she cared. Now he would have to work on getting her to be the same way without the potion affects.

Snapping his mind out of the only happiness that was consuming him he returned to the reality that was haunting him.

Draco walked up to the wall that he had visited more than often lately.

With complete concentration he heard the sound of the door forming in front of him.

When he opened his eyes he reaches out and took hold of the handle opening the door to the Room of Requirements.

He walked through the overly filled room to the same exact place he had been going for a while.

Once in front of the structure he reaches out and takes hold of the silk fabric that concealed what he had been working on for some time.

With a hard pull the fabric fell revealing the Vanishing Cabinet he had been rebuilding.

He runs his hand down the front of the decaying wood before taking hold of the rusted handle. He closes his eyes letting his mind drift back to the one thing he loved more than any.

Leianna.

That is who he was doing it for. He couldn't allow anything to happen to her, she meant more to Draco than his own life.

In the beginning he resisted the urge to speak to her or show any interaction, but as time passed and how he kept seeing her on a daily basis it became harder and harder.

Then when he received the letter in the cabinet on the last test he made his mind up.

No matter how much he tried to avoid her to show she wasn't his weakness somehow they knew it was a lie.

Now he had to relight the flame in her heart and get her back, it was the only way to fully protect her.

If she was ever out of his sight, they might...

He grips the handle tighter at the thought. No, he couldn't allow it to happen.

He opens his eyes and tugs on the handle. The cabinet creaks as it always did when he opened it.

Inside he places an apple, the next test he was given to do.

He closes the cabinet and whispers the spell that would send it to the sister cabinet.

Now it was time to wait, to see if it worked.

Closing his eyes once more he lays his head against the wooden door.

He hated himself or what he had to do, the whole damn thing.

Deep down he knew it was going to be difficult to fulfill the task, but somehow he had too, his life as well as the ones he loved depended on it.

He hears a thud on the other side of the door making him jump slightly.

Draco snaps his eyes open and grasps the handle once more.

Opening the door he sees the apple sitting exactly where he had laid it.

He reaches inside the cabinet and lazily picks it up.

The same apple in shape and size, except now it had a bite in it.

He wanted to be happy that it had successfully worked, but deep down he was more scared.

Now that he had reached this far in restoring the cabinet he knew it brought him a step closer to what he wished would never happen.

**************************************************

Leianna...

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. I didn't know what had possessed be earlier.  I still hated myself for what had happened.  I never thought I could feel that way for Draco again, I thought I had demolished all feeling like that for him. But now it seems I hadn't. My actions earlier had proved that.

With a sigh I turn on my side sliding my hand under my pillow.

What had caused me to act in such a way, especially to that extent.

Was I just caught in the moment, the feeling of being close to someone or was it more?

Damn him and his hold over me...

 I let my mind drift to another person, one who would highly be disappointed if he found out, George.

Sweet, kind George, who has always been there for me. The same one who gave his trust to me once again only to have me crush it like I had before.

It was like last year all over again. I was doing the same thing with the same person.

I could see the look in his eyes now, hurt, anger, and disappointment. No I could let that happen, I didn't' want to hurt him again.

I missed Draco that was for sure, I missed how he held me, how alive I felt just being with him.

The only thing that really had me cautious about Draco was his behavior since school had started.

No matter how many times he said nothing was wrong I knew it was a lie.

Something was bothering him so badly it had changed how he acted and I didn't understand why he was shutting me out.

Maybe that's what was clouding my mind, my concern for him, my willingness to do what it took to gain his trust so I could find out.

I shake my head, no.. it was hormones that was affecting me earlier, and my attraction for my ex.

Yet again I shift turning on my back once more.

How was I going to face Draco.. and George and again?

Facing Draco would be embarrassing, especially since he knows I still care for him and facing George was only going to weigh me down with guilt.

"I'm screwed either way," I whisper out loud to myself.

****************************************