It's Love When It Burns Chapter 16

"Ron was poisoned?" I ask bewildered, "How?"

Harry shook his head still in shock, "It was the mead that Slughorn had."

"Why would someone do such a thing?" I ask pushing back Ron's hair as he laid on the couch. We had managed to get him off of the floor as we waited on someone to come and help get him to the hospital wing.

His forehead was damp with sweat and his breaths were low and deep. He had fallen asleep, obviously tired from the stress.

"Molly is going to flip when she finds out," I state as I take a seat next to Ron.

"Hopefully we won't have to tell her," Harry says.

"Where is he?" we hear Madam Pomfrey say as she hurries in the room.

I quickly stand and draw my hand to my side as she rushes over.

"You two help me get him standing; we need to get him to the hospital wing so I can examine him more thoroughly."

I nod and reach for one of Ron's arms slinging it over my shoulder.

He mumbled an objection as Harry and I lifted him but we only ignore it.

It was a rather difficult trip to take him to the hospital wing.

The weight of him on my shoulders began to take an effect on me, especially since I was still wearing my heels. Somewhere along the way I had ditched them to make it easier.

Now Ron was lying in a hospital bed, sleeping off the episode.

Harry had gone and told Hermione about what had happened and she was now at Ron's side.

I was in one of the vacant beds, curled up with my feet tucked under me. Harry was sitting in the further down with his head laid back on my lap while Ginny slept on his shoulder.

We all refused to leave, we wanted to at least wait till he wakes up, before we left his side.

Even though I was dozing, I was faintly aware of footsteps coming our way.

I lazily lift my head and turn my gaze down the hallway.

Noticing it was the headmaster, McGonagall, and Slughorn, as well as Pomfrey, and they were coming our way, I quickly sit up straight.

"Harry wake up," I say shaking him lightly.

He lets out a deep breath and sits up. He turns his gaze to where I was looking and sees Dumbledore.

He wakes Ginny and we all stand up.

"What happened?" Dumbledore asks as he stops in front of Ron.

"The boy was poisoned," Pomfrey explains, "A nasty one in fact, luckily Potter was there to give him the antidote."

I rip my gaze from Ron to Harry who only shrugs.

"I admit Potters action was heroic, but I want to know why it was necessary," McGonagall says looking to Dumbledore.

"That is a nice bottle of mead there Horace," Dumbledore says to Professor Slughorn, "May I?"

Slughorn hands the bottle over to Dumbledore, "Good year too."

"Yes, it was actually a present," Slughorn states.

"To whom?" Dumbledore questions.

"You, Albus."

I gasp and cover my mouth. Again someone had tried to murder the headmaster.

Before another word could be said we hear the sound of someone else coming.