It's Love When It Burns Chapter 35

We stood in silence, neither one of us talking, waiting on the other.

"Draco, there are teachers here, the Order, as well as the Ministry," I finally say as I motion my hand to where the funeral was.

"The Ministry," he laughs, "Don't make me laugh Leianna, they're nothing but traitors anyways." Draco reaches up running his hand through his hair, still with a smirk on his face showing his resentment.

"What's that's supposed to mean?" I ask curiously.

His eyes that had wondered off make their way back to mine, "Nothing," he tells me, "Nothing important."

"Then what is important?" I ask pressuring him as I step closer.

"I wanted to check on you Leianna," he exclaims, "To make sure you wasn't hurt, to make sure none of the De... Deatheaters harmed you," he stammers as he motions to me.

I try to hide a smile as I glance at the ground, "So, you are telling me," I say as I take a slight step forward, "That you came here, with the risk of getting caught, to make sure I'm okay?" When I finish I glance up at him.

"Yes," he replies matter of factly, "I had to leave, and you know why, I had to leave you hurt, I wanted to make sure you were okay, that you healed," he finishes.

"That sounds genuine," I tease, trying not to smile, "Draco Malfoy does have a heart."

That causes him to smile shyly, while downing his head, "Only with you," he states taking the last step that remained between us, "You are my weakness."

I chuckle looking up at him, "Your weakness, how dramatic."

He laughs lightly as he reaches out and touches my face, "Maybe so, but it's the truth," he says as he runs his fingers through my hair, "I love you Leianna, always have, always will."

I felt my breath catch in my throat. I knew I cared for Draco, I honestly did, but that still didn't change what side we were on. It still could not help the fact we could never make it work, we could never be together.

"Draco, I..." I was going to tell him how I felt, was going to tell him I always had cared for him to, but before I could get the words out, before I had the chance, a spell was hurled in our direction.

The moment completely took us both by surprise. My eyes widen, mirroring Draco's as we both turn our heads in the direction it came.

My gut did a complete flip. Walking towards us, wand out with a furious look on his face was George.

I was going to yell to him, to tell him to wait but I found myself being hurled out of the way. Draco shoves me behind him drawing his wand.

"Stop it!" I yell trying to get around him as he does more spells.

"Leianna stay back!" Draco yells, still not taking his eyes off George.

"No!" I yell as I shove him with all of my might. I knock him off balance causing him to fall to the side. I step around him, blocking George from hitting him with any spell.

"Move Leianna!" George shouts to me.

"I will not!" I yell back, "I won't let you hurt him!"

"Leianna, don't you know what he's done?" George asks angrily only a few feet away now, "It's his fault Dumbledore is Dead!"

A shudder passes through me but I ignore it, "George please!" I beg, "Don't do this."

"Move Leianna!" he yells again.

I look back at Draco who was now standing behind me, still with his wand out.

"When I tell you, apparate," I whisper to him. His eyes leave George long enough to look at me.

I turn away from him back to George. Before George could register what I was doing, before he had time, I shot out to him grabbing his arm, causing him for that moment to be distracted, to not be able to concentrate on a spell.

"Now Draco!" I yell looking back at him.

I watch as Draco turns into a dark smoke and shot up into the sky. In the process George had managed to break my grip on him. He shot another jinx up at Draco as he ascended but it was no use, he was already too far gone.

"Dammit Leianna!" George yells at me in frustration, "What in bloody hell is wrong with you?"

"There was no need in trying to kill him George," I argue.

He stops and looks at me dumbfounded, "I wasn't going to kill him, I was going to knock him out so he can be arrested," he tells me, "He is one of them Leianna, a Deatheater, but you saw that when he turned into a pretty ball of black smoke."

"George..." I go to say but he cuts me off.

"What were you doing out here with him anyways?" he asks, "Especially with his hands all over you."

"He didn't have his hands all over me."

"Well what were you talking about?" he continues to ask as he steps closer to me.

"He was seeing if I was okay, seeing if I got hurt," I explain, "He was concerned about me."

"Concerned?" George laughs, "Need I remind you who let the Deatheaters in the castle to being with? Perhaps if he wasn't such a damn idiot and fixed it to where they couldn't have got in, there wouldn't be anything to be concerned about."

"George that's enough."

"Excuse me," he says looking at me astounded, "whose side are you on? Who's girlfriend... no fiancée are you?"

I grit my teeth, "I am on the good side George!" I yell as I shove past him. I walk a little ways then turn back to him, "And to answer your second question I am about to be nobody's fiancée!"

I saw the shock and hurt cross his face, but I was too mad to care at the moment.

I turn back around and continue on. I knew I didn't mean that... well at least I thought I didn't, I was just so angry at him.

I cut out of the trees and make my way back towards the school.

I cut through the people that were walking up back to the school as well.

"Hey Leianna," I hear someone yell up ahead. I look up to see Fred waiting on me, "Have you see George?"

"Try somewhere back there," I say in a still irritated tone.

"Are you alright?" he asks questionably.

"Oh just peachy," I say passing him up and continuing on.

"Lovers spat I guess," I hear him mumble causing me to roll my eyes, "You have no idea," I whisper to myself.

**************************************

I still was on a no talking basis with George on my way to the Burrow. He didn't try and speak to me, and I clearly was in no mood to speak to him, so it worked perfectly.

Of course Ginny, Ron, and Fred still tried to get it out of me why we were fighting. I told them nothing and apparently George was keeping his mouth shut about it as well.

Finally we make it to the Weasley's house and I make my way out of the car.

I go to the back to get my trunk but Fred beats me to it, "I got it," he says smiling at me.

"No, I can do..." I was cut off by George stepping in front of me.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

I cross my arms, "About what?"

"About us," he replies. He then leans in closer, "About what happened."

I let out a deep breath, "Yes George, let's talk."