It's Love When It Burns Ch 11

"Will you hand me some Porcupine quills?" I ask Draco as I hold my hand out without looking at him.

About another five second later I feel him place the quills in my hand and I drop them in the cauldron.

I stir the mixture and watch as it begins changing colors.

"What's next?" Draco asks me while leaning over the pot.

"Let's see," I state as I glance back at my book.

I skim my finger over the page till I find the next ingredient, "It says to add crushed castor beans," I tell him finally turning my gaze over to meet his.

II watch as Draco picks up a couple of the beans and crushes them with a knife.

"Add some peppermint too," I state.

He glance up at me, "And why?"

"Because it counteracts the side effects," I reply as I pick up a peppermint leaf and I hand it over to him.

With a sigh he takes it from me and begins adding it to the crushed beans. When he was done we both begin adding the ingredients to the rest of mixture.

As I stirred the brew I hear him laugh lightly.

"What's so funny?" I question him.

"Are you trying to get bonus points Leianna?" Draco asks me leaning on his elbows as he watches me stir.

I smile and glance his way, "The better the brew the better the grade," I state.

He laughs again, "I guess so."

Silence elapses between us until he finally broke it, "Here let me stir it a while," Draco tells me as he holds his hand out.

"Fine be my guest," I say as I step back and allow him to move in front of me.

"So about the Room..." he begins to say but was cut off by Slughorn.

"Let's see how you two are doing," Professor Slughorn says to my relief.

"Perfect color, and yes is that peppermint I smell?" he says looking at me.

"Yes sir," I reply.

"Very good Sweary, I see you have been studying with Potter," he tells me pleased.

"Yes I have, don't you think it works to help with the side effects?" I ask.

"Indeed, very good job," he tells both Draco and me.

"Thank you Professor," I state as I turn back to the cauldron.

"Pet," I hear Draco whisper in a low voice.

"What did you say?" I ask him, "Are you calling me a teacher's pet?"

Draco grins and shrugs his shoulders, "Oh Professor, do you like how I added peppermint?" he mocks me.

"Oh well forgive me then for wanting to do well."

"I studied with Potter, we found a way to decrease side effects," he continues in a high pitch voice.

"Shut it Draco," I exclaim as I smack his arm.

He laughs as rubs his arm.

Again silence started settling and I knew what it would lead to if it remained, but I couldn't think of anything to say to restart a conversation.

Luckily there was no need, Slughorn begin drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Okay class, since everyone has learned how to properly brew the Euphoria Potion, class will dismiss early today," he tells us enthusiastically.