It's Love When It Burns Chapter 14

"I have to ask... where were you last night?" Hermione asks me as she twirls her quill.

I glance up at her and she has a mischievous grin across her face.

"I went to see if I could find out what happened to Katie," I explain to her.

She narrows her eyes at me, "So you met up with Draco then?"

I nod, "Yes, I asked him about Katie and if he had anything to do with it."

"Let me guess, he said he had nothing to do with it?"

I nod, "Yeah, something like that."

"Do you believe him?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know. He seemed genuine in his response, that he had nothing to do with it."

"Do you believe him though?" she asks again.

"I think I do," I reply shrugging again. 

She looks like she still didn't accept my answer, but she let the subject drop.

And luckily Professor Slughorn walks into the room, but only to be followed by Draco. Both of them looked to have a rather irritated expression on their face.

I watched as Draco trudged over to his desk, throwing his book bag along the way.

I couldn't help but be the slightest bit curious. I wanted to know what had happened to put both of them in such a bad mood, more so Draco. I knew Draco was a bit of a trouble maker, to put it lightly, but he was never this bad.

"Earth to Leianna," I hear Ron say snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

He shakes his head at me, "I was just going to ask you if you were still going to that party Slughorn is throwing tonight."

I nod, "Yeah, why do you ask?"

He starts fidgeting with his hands, "Well, Lavender and I are in a bit of a fight, so I don't think we will be going together" he explains. I knew what he was trying to ask. A smile crept to my face as I continue to intentionally make him say it. Looking at him, with as much innocence's I could muster, I bat my eye lashes, "What are you trying to ask me Ron?"

His eyes dart away from me then back nervously, "Well, you remember in Honeydukes , you suggested that maybe we could go together."

I stifle a laugh, "Yeah, I remember." It was so easy to make him bent out of shape. 

He goes quiet but he looks up and notices my expression. Realization crosses his features. I  knew he could tell I was doing this on purpose but I still waited, "Why do you bring it up?"

"You're really going to make ask aren't you?"

"I believe so Ron boy," I sigh out pushing my hair back over my shoulders.

"You're bloody awful, just want you to know that," he states. He then lets out a deep breath, "Fine Leianna, can I go with you?"

I lift my fingers and tap my chin, "I dunno, I still so much pain in my heart from your rejection the other day," I state trying to sound offended, "I'm not sure I am fully over it."

"Oh please, don't be so dramatic," Ron objects, "Are you going to take me or not?"

I roll my eyes and laugh, "Of course Ron," I state as I bump his shoulder. It was always so easy and so very fun to mess with Ron, especially when he was already flustered.

I glance over at Hermione who was fidgeting with her hands.

"Oh, and speaking of dates," I say as I spin towards her, "Who is going with you Hermione?"