It's Love When It Burns Chapter 22

"There, finished," I state as I dust the bits of snow off of my gloves.

"I think it looks like Ron," George says holding his hands out, "Just a little more handsome."

I laugh and shake my head, "That mean, he's your brother George."

He circles around the snowman studying it carefully, he then stops when he is next to me, "True though, all we need is to add is the red hair."

I stifle a laugh, "You are bloody awful," I tell him as I bend down and pick up some snow from the ground.

"I know...," he starts to say but stops once he sees what I was doing, "What are you going to do with that?"

I smile slyly as I lift my arm and sling the snowball his way smacking the ground beside him.

"Your aim is terrible love," he exclaims as he reaches down to make a snowball of his own.

Slowly, I back up, and then turn once he lifts his hand. I take off as fast as I could to get some space between us.

I hear him running behind me so I cut around the yard and head towards the garden area.

Glancing back, I don't see him anywhere so I quickly make another snowball to ready myself.

I sneak over to the shed and lay back against it. Every so often I would peek around the edge to see if I could see George, but every time I saw nothing but falling snow.

Finally I puck up the courage and turn the corner, still on guard just in case.

"Psst..." I hear him say from somewhere causing me to freeze. He was somewhere close so I lift my snowball.

"Up here love," I hear George whisper.

Crap... I thought as I look up to the roof of the shed.

About that time I get a face full of snow.

"George!" I yell cutting through his laughter.

I wipe the snow from my face and glare up at him, "I am going to kill you!"

I launch the snowball and it hits him in the arm, causing it to break all in his face.

"Hahh!" I shout as I turn and run again.

I thought I had gotten away, but just as I stopped to catch my breath I felt a pair of arms reach from behind me grabbing my waist.

"George!" I shout as he held a death grip on me.

I struggle to break free causing George to slip, pulling me with him to the ground.

"Bloody hell!" I shout as I went down into the snow.

George rolls me over to where I was now facing him.

His face was red from the cold and from all the laughter.

"You should see your hair," he exclaims laughing yet again.

I reach up noticing now that my hat was gone. My damp hair was all twisted up, sticking every which way.

"It's your fault," I tell him as I reach out and punch his shoulder.

"Oww..," George whines as he rubs his shoulder, "Harsh."

"Well you deserve it," I explain, "I'm wet and freezing."

"Well you started it, you threw the first snowball."

"But it didn't hit you," I retort, "You hit me first."

"Leianna, we can argue like this all night," he states reaching out and cupping my cheek, "Or we could go inside, I'll make some hot chocolate and we can warm up by the fire."