It's Love When It Burns Chapter 20

I slowly walked the staircase that led to Fred and George's private office. With each step closer, I felt more and more nervous.

I know what the problem is, what keeps driving me to do theses things.

It was undeniable that I still had feelings for Draco, and I knew even if I would never be with him again that I would always feel something for him.

I also knew I had strong feelings for George also. He too was someone I loved, that I cared for, I just wish I could outweigh my love for Draco and stop with the mess I was causing.

Lost in thought, I round the corner only to run into Fred, "Hey Leianna," he says, "Looking for George?"

"Yeah, your mum said he would be up here," I reply as I fidget with my hands.

"Yeah," he states uncertain, obviously seeing my agitation, "He's in the office, taking count on our supplies."

"Care if I go in there, I need to talk to him," I explain.

He nods, "Sure, you don't have to ask to go in there," he states smiling, "You know that."

"Thanks Fred," I say returning the smile.

He snorts and rolls his eyes, "I'm gonna go, don't want to hear all of the snogging," he states as he walks past me and towards the staircase.

"Very funny," I yell out to him. "Hilarious," he calls back as he turns down the stairs.

I roll my eyes and turn back around.

I take a deep breath and continue on down the hallway.

Once at the door I knock lightly and wait for George to open it.

I mentally go over what I want to say as I wait.

I hear the door handle turn, "Oh what now Fred," George states irritated as he looks up from his papers.

His eyes widen, "Oh, it's you," he says as his features change from irritated to a more happier look.

"Come in," he says as he opens the door wider.

I walk past him into the small room that they used as an office.

I glance around, taking notice to the fact it was a lot cleaner than last time I was here.

"You cleaned up in here," I state as I turn to face him.

"Fred did actually," he admits, "Got sick of the clutter."

"It looks good," I tell him truthfully.

I then walk over and sit on top of the desk and place my hands in my lap.

George looked at me thoughtfully, "What happened?" he asks, "You look like something is bothering you."

I bite back a sigh as I look away from him, "Something is," I reply.

"What is it Leianna," he asks as he discards the papers in his hands on a shelf.

He walks over to me and places his hands on my sides. He leans slowly, planting a light kiss on my cheek.

"You can tell me, maybe I can help out," he whispers as he pulls away.

"I don't think you can George," I explain as I finally look up and meet his gaze.

He was studying me, trying to read my emotions which only made me feel worse.

"What is it?" he asks me more uncertain now.

Now another sigh escapes my lips, I lift my hands and run them up and down his arms.

"We've been together a while, I mean, off and on," I say to begin.