It's Love When It Burns Chapter 28

Draco

Draco didn't like watching Leianna walk away. Everything about her was an addiction to him. He loved her being near him, loved kissing her. The only thing that bothered him was the way Leianna was acting with Potter.

For a while now, Leianna had been hanging with Potter more than usual. He would watch as they whispered to one another, sneak out of lunch early to talk. He would be suspicious as to where they stood relationship wise if it wasn't for Potter's obsession with the Weasley girl. Not to add in Leianna's own relationship with George and himself.

A smile formed on Draco's lips as he thought about it. No matter how much George tried he could not replace Draco in Leianna's life. Draco would always hold a part of her heart, a place not even her love for George could tear away.

But Leianna's love wasn't what was on Draco's mind; it was more Leianna's safety. Her being safe was all that Draco really cared about. But that was being threatened by Potter, Potter and he stupid obsession with not keeping his nose out of everyone else's problems.

Like Harry's confrontation about Katie Bell. He had accused Draco of it, right to his face. Draco wasn't denying the accusation, but when did it become any of Harry Potter's business what happens with the students at Hogwarts.

It is just like Potter, Draco thought to himself as he walked, always getting in the way, always causing him trouble.

Draco had had almost all he could take of Potter's interference. One more thing, just one more would set him off.

All he wanted was to finish the bloody task that was assigned to him, then it would all be over, and Leianna would be safe.

Draco closes his eyes and lets his mind drift back to her, to the only thing that mattered in his pathetic life.

Draco had to keep her safe, had to keep the Dark Lord from using her against him. But Potter had to be stopped and Draco knew it, because if Potter wasn't, he could just sign Leianna's death ticket.

*********************************************************

Leianna

Again, I sat in the middle of the Gryffindor Common Room with the trio.

I stared at Harry who was in the middle of the room pacing back and forth.

I didn't know how to take in what he had just told Ron, Hermione, and me.

"Are you serious?" I ask him. It was unbelievable.

"I'm serious Leianna, that's what I saw in Slughorn's memory."

I shook my head, "Why would a Professor give a student such information?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Riddle was a master mind at manipulation," Harry replies quickly, "He knew what to say to get what he wanted."

"I bet he feels awful," Hermione chimes looking to all three of us.

"I'd say so," Ron nervously laughs as he lifts his arm from his chin, "I would be too if I was the one responsible for giving the Dark Lord the information."

"It's not Slughorn's fault Ron," Hermione argues, "I'm sure if he knew what would come of telling Riddle, he wouldn't have."

"But the fact is he did," Harry states through both of them, "And now there is seven Dumbledore believes are out there."

"Seven!" I exclaim.

"Yes," Harry says spinning around to look at me.

"How... How can he do that to his could, to split it seven times... that's just morally wrong," I sputter trying to wrap my head around it.